Can't add Zune music to non-Zune mp3 player

Budule

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Ok, im kinda stupid on this stuff but anyway i bought a really cheap mp3 player just to use when i cut the grass and stuff, it didnt even come with software and you "sync" it using windows media player, the problem is t wont let me use any songs from Zune, says something about DRM......all non Zune music symced up fine though......anything i can do here.really dont want to carry my phone while i cut grass.....

Duvi

Jan 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok, im kinda stupid on this stuff but anyway i bought a really cheap mp3 player just to use when i cut the grass and stuff, it didnt even come with software and you "sync" it using windows media player, the problem is t wont let me use any songs from Zune, says something about DRM......all non Zune music symced up fine though......anything i can do here.really dont want to carry my phone while i cut grass.....
Not unless you purchase them through Zune. The package I have allows me to download 10 free songs a month in addition to the streaming and downloading service.

You can only listen to the songs you download/stream from Zune on a Zune device, unless you purchase them.

Budule

Jun 23, 2012
Visit site
Not unless you purchase them through Zune. The package I have allows me to download 10 free songs a month in addition to the streaming and downloading service.

You can only listen to the songs you download/stream from Zune on a Zune device, unless you purchase them.

Well , i thought i bought them...they have my credit card anyway.....but if thats the case i need to cancel Zune and go another route...

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
You paid a monthly subscription to Zune and that gives you the rights to listen to their music on a device that supports drm. In zune, you can either download or buy the songs. If you buy the songs, you can play them on any player, but they cost $.99(?) a song. The advantage of a subscription is you can listen to a lot of music for one monthly cost.

Rodolfo#WP

Aug 25, 2011
Visit site
Any song that you've only downloaded, and not purchased through any means is still DRM proected. You can check each track in question by right-clicking it in your Zune Collection and going to Properties. The next-to-last item reads DRM. For downloaded tracks, it will read Yes and include a current date of DRM-rights expiration. Any purchased or ripped track will read NO. Any "NO" track can be copied or burned, and should play on any device.

When you purchase a track with points or credits, the DRM item in Properties will change from Yes to NO within moments.

P.S., I cut grass with my Focus or one of my ZuneHDs. ;)

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss