This program is just so bad

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I hate this program so badly I am practically wishing Microsoft fails with Windows 8, but I digress. Can anyone suggest an alternative metro style music player? Xbox music always crashes when playing songs in a playlist, even ones in a smartdj playlist which are streamed so its completely useless to me. Windows media player closes when my tablet goes to sleep so looking for a metro one that will play in the background. Thanks.

inteller

Banned
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I'd suggest downloading the app called Great Windows Apps and then browse inside it to find a better music app. I like Multimedia Mate8

deezus

Oct 12, 2011
Visit site
This is crap compared to Zune. And on the surface its so faking slow I feel like throwing my tablet out the ****ing window.

Rhody#WP

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I have been enjoying using Windows 8 on my PC and my Surface. I like the MS news program, USA Today, Hulu Plus, Netflix, Kindle, Cook Book, NextGen Reader, Bank of America, Cocktail Flow, and some of the games. I like that I can pin things within an app to the start screen, like a certain NBC News or Fox News show.

Many of the MS apps are very disappointing. I think the people hub is terrible. It should be so much better than the people hub in WP8. Mail and Calendar are just OK. Pictures is HORRIBLE. Maybe they thought if they made killer apps for basic functions, then the developers would be unmotivated to contribute, but these offerings are embarrassing.

theefman

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
I've tried a few others like Multimedia Mate8, Music Info and for these two at least they lack the ability to read Zune or WMP playlists, so I cant use them. Actually emailed the dev of Multimedia Mate8 and got no reply so that one is definitely not an option. A lot of the other media apps are even less functional and at the moment its impossible to find an alternative thats as good as Zune or WMP. Really disappointing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon