Downloading songs from Xbox Music Pass to Windows 8 PC

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
This may sound like a dumb question.

So I'm sure you can download songs through the Xbox Music Pass to WP8 phones. In fact, I can do this on my Lumia 900 with no problem. I can also download songs to my W8 PC through Zune without issues. It works just like the Zune Pass worked when I had it before everything switched over to Xbox Music.

What I'm having trouble with is finding out how to download songs to my W8 PC through Xbox Music on my computer. The Web site seems to imply that this is possible. Since I can download songs through Zune still, I'm not sure what the problem is unless I'm mistaken in that this functionality is lacking.

I've attached an image of what I'm seeing (i.e., no option to download a song). Am I missing how to do this or is it not available? I'm already restarted my computer; as I mentioned downloading is working through Zune, but I can't find out how to do it in Xbox Music. I've done numerous searches on this, but I haven't come up with anything for my precise problem. The support for Xbox Music on its Web site is severely limited and appears to mention downloading songs from XBMP but not how to do it...

They wouldn't be talking about simply adding an album to "My Music" as that's something that doesn't require a Music Pass. Not to mention, the songs are streamed as indicated by the radio signal and thus unavailable for offline play.

Anyone?

Attachments

• xbox-music-pass-problem.jpg
    xbox-music-pass-problem.jpg
    330.1 KB · Views: 6

Paulsalame

Dec 8, 2012
Visit site
On my laptop when I click on one of the songs it says either play or add to my music. Can you see that? If yes then just hitting add to my music saves the songs on my laptop for offline usage.

iloveamystery

Apr 12, 2012
Visit site
That appears to work. Thanks!

Before I got the pass, it saved the streaming album to the "My Music" section, so I didn't expect it to work differently now that I have the music pass. Another issue I see now is that albums that I previously added to My Music that are being streamed must first be deleted and then added again to My Music? Is there no way to download them for offline listening without deleting the album first?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss