Artist Background Image in Music

Roy98

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Shortly after I sideloaded songs into my Lumia, the phone automatically added the artist's image in the background when playing songs by those artists. However, this only happens in less than half the music in my collection. For the rest of them the phone will only display album artworks.

I guess WP searches for corresponding artist image from the artist name in the song. However I'm wondering if it's possible to get the phone to automatically search and add background image for all the songs in the phone (if I understand correctly it's possible to manually add the images by yourself, although I'd prefer to not have to)? The songs with missing artist image in my phone are by well-known artists so I'd assume WP/Xbox should have them.

Roy98

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Thank you! I checked the thread there and yes it does explain that WP is supposed to automatically check the music collection in the phone and link the artists to Xbox Music service - in which it will then add artist image in the background.

The strange thing in my phone is that it DOES do it, but only slowly and randomly. I have added about 10 albums in the phone and it synced to Xbox Music & show artist images for about 5 of them only. THEN a few days later, it added artist image in another album, and then added another in the next day. So basically it appears like eventually the phone will automatically add artist image in the whole music collection - but not right away which looks odd to me.

I have installed MPAtool and it looks to be the best way to make sure all the music files in the phone are attached with images right away. So this kind of solve the problem in any case though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium