how to scrobble from Xbox Music on Windows 8 to Last.FM?

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
are there any apps or programs out there that can scrobble what I listen to on the Xbox Music Windows 8 app to last.fm?

it's pretty much the only thing holding me back from giving the desktop app a try.

ManMunoz11

Dec 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, all I need is Last.fm scrobbling for me to jump over from iTunes. I think this issue goes more towards Last.fm then Microsoft though, they need to develop a plugin that can work with the Xbox Music app. I don't know if the Xbox Music app can allow plugins like that though.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm in the same boat, all I need is Last.fm scrobbling for me to jump over from iTunes. I think this issue goes more towards Last.fm then Microsoft though, they need to develop a plugin that can work with the Xbox Music app. I don't know if the Xbox Music app can allow plugins like that though.

yeah last.fm/microsoft could implement the feature directly into Xbox Music, but I have also seen many third party scrobblers that are plugins for firefox (and other internet browsers) and PC downloads. so it would seem that any developer could do it. unfortunately I have no idea how to, or I would ha.

tomoakley

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, until the API is expanded, only Microsoft could add this feature. I asked Arnold Vink, developer of ScrobbleMe for Windows Phone, and he said that there's currently no way he could find to detect the 'Now Playing' information. I'm gutted as I'd love this feature too. Scrobbling music is the easy part, it's detecting what to scrobble that's the sticking point currently.

odoggyfresh

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
As far as I know, until the API is expanded, only Microsoft could add this feature. I asked Arnold Vink, developer of ScrobbleMe for Windows Phone, and he said that there's currently no way he could find to detect the 'Now Playing' information. I'm gutted as I'd love this feature too. Scrobbling music is the easy part, it's detecting what to scrobble that's the sticking point currently.

ah. well thanks for following up with ScrobbleMe, I use/love that app on WP8. hopefully they expand the API soon

fuzzed1

Oct 17, 2013
Visit site
I really miss that this doesn't work as well. XBOX music vs Zune. I use Spotify at work so I can at least keep track of my music with Last.FM. I really wish I could get a hold of my play data from Microsoft. Anyone have an idea how to go about requesting it?

ScrobbleMe also sadly only works with offline music on your phone. But it is a huge step forward.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss