Sync'ing music locally

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, this is driving me nuts and it just doesn't seem like it's possible....

I have XBox Music. I go into the store and into music and tap on top artists or top songs... doesn't matter. From there I scroll over to 'top playlists'

My goal is to download one of those playlists. Let's use '80 from the 80's.' The only way to download those songs is to tap on each one and download... one at a time....

If I start playing the songs I can then hit the '...' and save it as a playlist, which adds the playlist to the phone but the songs remain in the cloud. If I pull up that play list I can tap on the left of the screen to open the check boxes, but no option to download appears like it does for my "local" collection when XBox Cloud is turned on.

Any ideas, or do I just need to download one at a time?

stmav

Retired Moderator
Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
I'm hoping a lot of these things clear up in the XBOX music improvements coming in GDR2. Almost anything would help.

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
I'm hoping a lot of these things clear up in the XBOX music improvements coming in GDR2. Almost anything would help.

Yeah agreed. I might be able to make it work with my Surface RT tablet, and local syncing, but I'm at my 4 device limit already and don't want my ZuneHD and Zune software on my W7 PC to stop working. That is what I use to listen to all my music in my Ford Sync equipped car. I've tried pluggin my 928 via USB into my car and it won't play any of the subscription music. I wonder if I need to upgrade my Sync?

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
If I was on the Zune team at Microsoft every day when I got to work I would stop in the Windows Phone area and say, "Hey guys, does your music stuff still suck?" :)

tk-093

Aug 30, 2010
Visit site
UPDATE: Well, I guess it isn't as bad as I thought. To get those songs locally I just tap on the song, tap download and it takes me back to that "playlist/mixtape" and I tap the next song, tap download... rince repeat.. takes a few minutes when it's a 100 song playlist and it would be nice to have a master download button, but that's more of a #firstworldproblem :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa