Modern UI Office Interface?

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
That should be interesting to see. I really haven't looked at any mock-ups to see what people think it will look like or how they would prefer it to look.

What are your thoughts and predictions?

crash1989

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It is codenamed Gemini and Microsoft have already started on it sometime back. They discussed it in an event recently and this will basically render the desktop for RT useless if all settings comes to Modern UI too.

Michael Alan Goff

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
That should be interesting to see. I really haven't looked at any mock-ups to see what people think it will look like or how they would prefer it to look.

What are your thoughts and predictions?

They will either to with bigger buttons in a Modern UI fashion, think flat as a road or a completely new UI. I don't know which theyl go with, and I have no clue what new UI they could use. For all I know, it means they'll make it like an updated Web Apps UI.

It is codenamed Gemini and Microsoft have already started on it sometime back. They discussed it in an event recently and this will basically render the desktop for RT useless if all settings comes to Modern UI too.

Could you elaborate? I can't picture it.

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If anything, it will most likely be a metro-ized version of Office 2013.

Formatting tools are at a bar at the bottom, most likely different according to which application in the Office Suite.
Higher-level options will most likely be found on top, or moved to the charms bar.

The on-screen keyboard will probably be moved up to accommodate the bar at the bottom.

I also want to expect a dark theme.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb