MS Office and subfolder issue

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
HI

I used desktop Explorer to place my documents (Words, Excel, PDF etc) into Window Phone 8's DOCUMENT folder. And I can access them with MS Office.

But I have hundreds of files so obviously those have to be organized in subfolders. And if I place those subfolders into phone's DOCUMENT folder, I can no longer access my documents. I do not want to place all those documents in Skydrive so wondering is there any workaround? Are there any apps I could use etc?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

Optiplex330

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
More incredible thing. Even though I have installed Acrobat reader apps, I can't read the PDF documents attached to incoming email. It says something about "can't open and not permitted on this phone". Not permitted to read PDF file? Any idea please?

I felt Microsoft should have put a warning sticker on every WP8 phones saying "not for business use".

hfrmobile

Jan 18, 2013
Visit site
I am able to open PDFs attached to emails. So I guess that the PDF file itself has that restriction. Try another, simple PDF file.

Sent from my RM-821_eu_euro2_530 using Tapatalk

ag1986

Banned
Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
HI

I used desktop Explorer to place my documents (Words, Excel, PDF etc) into Window Phone 8's DOCUMENT folder. And I can access them with MS Office.

But I have hundreds of files so obviously those have to be organized in subfolders. And if I place those subfolders into phone's DOCUMENT folder, I can no longer access my documents. I do not want to place all those documents in Skydrive so wondering is there any workaround? Are there any apps I could use etc?

Thanks in advance for any pointers.

No. WP8 is not designed for what you want to do, it is designed and limited to what Microsoft thinks is the right way. Please change your workflow.

--Regards,
Android user

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb