onenote metro is beautiful

onysi

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Why isn't this being talked about a lot? I did not even notice this since today and I just got my surface 2 this Tuesday.

Weren't they planning on releasing the rest of the office suite in metro soon?

I'm still trying to figure out the new menu thing when its full screen, there is that round menu that pops out.

WavingReds

Jan 15, 2013
Visit site
Oh I love OneNote Metro, it's so beautiful, I use it all the time except it doesn't allow for password input for protected pages.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
My guess is because productivity apps aren't popular with consumers. More consumers tend to be interested in games, social media, movies/music apps than something associated with work or school.

DalekSnare

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
Last I tried it, it was less accurate with pen use (desktop version never confuses your palm with zooming but the app was so bad it recommended disabling pinch to zoom) and the navigation was slower than the desktop version. I'll give it a shot again, maybe it's gotten good enough to switch.

smoheath

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
I love metro OneNote. It makes taking handwritten notes a breeze. Changing pen colors, selecting and moving text, quick access to switch between pages... The list goes on. I love how minimalistic it is too. I'd choose it over the desktop version 95% of the time. The only thing it needs is highlighter pens.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos