What does this setting mean/do?

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
"Include music from the Xbox Music Store in my Smart DJ mixes". Checking it results in an error saying not enough info about the artist to create a mix. Unchecking it gives me a solid Smart DJ mix. The same artist, but just that single box unchecked. What does it do?

omgitsnick

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
If you have a Music Pass, it will include music that are not in your library from the whole Xbox Music catalog, which will be streamed. So the resulting Smart DJ playlist will include both songs from your library and Xbox Music catalog. If you turn the box off, it will mix songs that are already on your phone based on genre, not including artist info, which gives more details about related artists, artist and song genre.

Dadstar0410

Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
If you have a Music Pass, it will include music that are not in your library from the whole Xbox Music catalog, which will be streamed. So the resulting Smart DJ playlist will include both songs from your library and Xbox Music catalog. If you turn the box off, it will mix songs that are already on your phone based on genre, not including artist info, which gives more details about related artists, artist and song genre.

But I had a Smart DJ mix of Luke Bryan streaming yesterday without the box checked and had artists pop up that I have never heard of and aren't on my phone or in my collection. That's why im confused.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb