i think i've had it.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
bought office 365 and can't install it. i get to a screen that asks me to enter my country and language and then click continue. i can only enter my country. the language field doesn't do anything. i click next and nothing happens. i've searched for answer and apparently this is super common. tried several fixes suggested by microsoft and nothing works.

i think i've had it. i went all in on microsoft--surface rt, surface pro, then upgrade to surface 2 and surface pro 2, windows phone and a windows desktop. i'm tired spending hours looking for solutions for things that should just work. upgrading to windows 8.1 was the same thing. spent hours looking for fixes that resulted in me having to reset my machines and start from scratch setting everything up again. seems like that's what i'll have to just to be able to use office 365.

this is so irritating i can't even express it without cursing. as much as i don't like apple, at least using the software doesn't make me angry. office 365 has ruined my evening and will probably ruin tomorrow evening, too. much appreciate, microsoft...great work.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Before it asks for the country and language, are you trying to install the 32-bit or 64-bit version? When I tried to install Office 365 on one of my PCs, I found out that the link I first saw was for 32-bit, which didn't work since I have 64-bit PC. When I went to the other versions and selected 64-bit Office 365, it installed fine.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Before it asks for the country and language, are you trying to install the 32-bit or 64-bit version? When I tried to install Office 365 on one of my PCs, I found out that the link I first saw was for 32-bit, which didn't work since I have 64-bit PC. When I went to the other versions and selected 64-bit Office 365, it installed fine.

i only have one link and no option to select 32 or 64 bit.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
From what I have found online it says are you using IE to install? As Chrome and Firefox won't work. And if you are using IE is there a compatibility view button on the right of the address bar?

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
From what I have found online it says are you using IE to install? As Chrome and Firefox won't work

yeah, i read that, too. i'm using IE. i even read one report saying you should use IE and inprivate mode. tried that and still nothing. why on earth this isn't just as simple as downloading the software and then entering in a key code is beyond me. download the basic program and the code could notify some server somewhere of what kind of subscription it is. whatever is happening with this install is a complete mess.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
yeah, i read that, too. i'm using IE. i even read one report saying you should use IE and inprivate mode. tried that and still nothing. why on earth this isn't just as simple as downloading the software and then entering in a key code is beyond me. download the basic program and the code could notify some server somewhere of what kind of subscription it is. whatever is happening with this install is a complete mess.

do you have a product key you need to enter? meaning the download link is public? If so can you share the link or PM if not public?

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
do you have a product key you need to enter? meaning the download link is public? If so can you share the link or PM if not public?
i haven't even been able to get to a download link. i got the product key electronically when i bought 365 through the university. i'm trying to get to the stage where i can download office.

luk3ja

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I just went for the office 365 free trial just now to see if it would work and it did! I just had to sign into my microsoft account and it gave me a download button and it downloaded

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I used Firefox when I installed Office 365. It worked fine for me.

i'm going to try firefox. if that doesn't work, then i'll try a refresh. if that doesn't work, then i re-visit the problem tomorrow. if i can't get this sorted by the weekend, then i'll be selling some new computers on ebay. i'm saying that out of anger, but if i feel like this friday, i'll probably do it.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
i haven't even been able to get to a download link. i got the product key electronically when i bought 365 through the university. i'm trying to get to the stage where i can download office.

I'd suggest contacting Office support then. Mine was the regular Office 365, not the student version, so I unfortunately can't help any further.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I just went for the office 365 free trial just now to see if it would work and it did! I just had to sign into my microsoft account and it gave me a download button and it downloaded

yeah, i can download the free version, but then i have to uninstall it in order to download the office 365 version sold through universities.

surfacedude

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest contacting Office support then. Mine was the regular Office 365, not the student version, so I unfortunately can't help any further.

wow, so it looks like IE is the problem. firefox allows me to choose the country AND language. now i remember all of the reasons why i never used IE for years.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786