Windows 8 XBox music and multiple accounts

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Who in the hell made the decision to NOT let you switch accounts within the windows 8 app?? My mom and sister share the same Live ID for their 920's to make use of Music pass and app purchases, which has always been a minor irritation at best (having to share the same gamertag, same skydrive for synched pics, etc.). The main family PC also uses that sign-in ID.

My sister recently got a Dell Venue 8 pro tablet which she uses her personal email for to sign in. Only problem is the same restrictive limitation that's put on the phones, is even more restrictive when it comes to a tablet/pc. You can't sign into the app (or any MS app for that matter) with a different ID.

With the retired Zune software, it was only a matter of a couple of clicks to change who was signed into the app, so why should the same functionality be left out of Xbox music??

The only solutions I've gotten from MS are:
A.) Create a new account on the tablet with the ID music pass is on..... just to use music pass
B.) Pay for a new music pass subscription

I get that they want a single sign on to make it easier to manage your content on PC, but this is way to restrictive and back assward. Anyone find a workaround?

InvisGhost

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
You can change her profile into a local user account rather than a Microsoft Account. (This only has effect on the device she's using it on). This will cause all apps that need to sign in, ask for your login. That allows each app to be signed into a different account and for you to sign in and out of accounts.

You can go to Settings, Change PC Settings, Accounts and then there should be a disconnect button.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99