With Xbox music pass, the music that you download you just can play it on your phone?

05Paris

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
Does Xbox Music Pass use your Microsoft Account for payment? I really need to spend these $20 gift cards. They are beginning to pile up!

gapost

Dec 1, 2004
Visit site
No, you can't play the music you download for free after you cancel your Xbox subscription. You are basically renting the music as long as you pay for it. If you purchase it, you can of course, play it forever.

I don't think you can use the Microsoft account for the subscriptions, but not sure about that. You can, however, find Xbox Music cards on ebay for significantly discounted prices.

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Yes, Microsoft account needed :D

I think they were asking if you can use the $$$s tied to your MA, not if they needed to be signed into the account. I agree, you need a MS account, but I do not think you can use the credits on your account...maybe though if you turned it off from "AutoRenew" and tried to buy month by month...?

dirtyvu

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
If you purchase the song, you get to keep the song even after canceling the subscription. Songs that you purchase are DRM free and can play on anything. If you are downloading for free, those won't play after you terminate the subscription. And those downloads-for-free are only playable on Xbox Music devices.

My question is, can you download the songs to a memory card? I have a Lumia 521 and space is really tight. I've got tons of space on a memory card but nothing stores there (just videos, pictures, MP3s I got elsewhere, etc.). Windows Phone wants everything in onboard storage. I barely download any apps because my space is totally taken up. One of the apps I definitely need (Camcard) is ever growing (as I add more business cards) which means I need to dump apps as I add business cards...

guillams

Oct 7, 2012
Visit site
If you purchase the song, you get to keep the song even after canceling the subscription. Songs that you purchase are DRM free and can play on anything. If you are downloading for free, those won't play after you terminate the subscription. And those downloads-for-free are only playable on Xbox Music devices.

My question is, can you download the songs to a memory card? I have a Lumia 521 and space is really tight. I've got tons of space on a memory card but nothing stores there (just videos, pictures, MP3s I got elsewhere, etc.). Windows Phone wants everything in onboard storage. I barely download any apps because my space is totally taken up. One of the apps I definitely need (Camcard) is ever growing (as I add more business cards) which means I need to dump apps as I add business cards...

Well, thank you, i will Just delete all the music i get from the trial subscription...

With the memory storage, go to settings and then to pictures and change the storage settings instead to save music and videos on phone, change it to SD card!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett