Phone can't access OneNote - SkyDrive notebooks

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
This is most frustrating. I've searched for 1 month (including a few hours again this AM) and tried every possible answer I found (except hard reset of phone), to no avail. I have the same phone, purchased the same time as my friend and I don't have the problem. She uses OneNote extensively, mostly from her Surface RT, but also accesses it from her PC. She can save and sync all her folders and they show up on both her Surface and PC ... from both SkyDrive (documents) and from the OneNote metro app and through live web / Internet Explorer. On her phone OneNote app nothing but her personal folder shows up with quick notes and the samples. When trying to access from the SkyDrive app on the phone, all the notebooks appear, but none can be accessed. Getting this error message:

Can't find Notebook.JPG

Tried these things found on searching: Resetting Office app on phone, soft reset phone, signing out and in of both OneNote and SkyDrive on all devices.

Any possible suggestions other than a hard reset? I will have to do it for her, since she's not tech savvy, which means transfer of a ton of lecture audio files from her PC ... plus software updates ... and installing all apps again. She would rather not have access than go through that. ARGH!

I have no problem accessing all my notebooks from my Surface 2, PC, and phone! We have an Office 365 account, which she signs into under her own Microsoft ID. Her ID is the same on all devices.

I'm half tempted to transfer all her OneNote syncing to DropBox. Any thoughts?

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Your issue sounds like an account issue. You don't need to do a hard reset but make sure the device you use have been set to "trusted" on your account pages. Sometimes logging out of your Microsoft Account on then back on your phone is enough (make sure you you are backed up first) but you may need to log onto the website to check for inaccuracies. But I feel your pain. I would hate it not to be able to get to OneNote. Its my life line.

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I think I see the problem ... it was right under my nose the whole time! The Microsoft account on her phone is different then her Outlook account and the Microsoft account on her Surface / PC / Web. Sooooo.... this means a definite hard reset, correct?

Wendy Haylett

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
Someone on the phone forum suggested I share the notebook from the Phone ID account with the other, avoiding a hard reset. It worked! Thanks for everyone's help!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb