Mac to Xbox music

Meagey

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I have a windows 8 PC and everything works fine but it uses icloud for my music which is all actually stored on my MacBook. I know on windows 8 it auto syncs but only if the music is on that computer its not sensing what's in the cloud which is 95% of it. So I'm curious if there is a way to upload all my music straight from my MacBook to Xbox cloud or do I have to get all the music to my PC to get it onto the cloud..... question 2 does the phone Xbox music app auto sync or do I have to do something manually because I do have a few albums that show up on my PC Xbox music but not showing on my phone. Thanks you

GhostITMG

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
To get all your music in the Xbox Music cloud, you'll need to use the Xbox Music app. So, chances are you'll need to transfer everything physically to your Win 8 PC first. Once your music is synced with the cloud, you'll be able to stream anything that Xbox has a streaming license to. I've found their system to be pretty robust (based on my own 14,000 track library), but there are some things that are missing. For anything I really want access to on my phone that there is no streaming license to, I transfer those files physically to the phone. I hope this clears things up a bit!

rdubmu

May 25, 2011
Visit site
I use iTunes on my iMac to transfer music using the MAC connector. No need to stream if you own the music.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

Meagey

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
To get all your music in the Xbox Music cloud, you'll need to use the Xbox Music app. So, chances are you'll need to transfer everything physically to your Win 8 PC first. Once your music is synced with the cloud, you'll be able to stream anything that Xbox has a streaming license to. I've found their system to be pretty robust (based on my own 14,000 track library), but there are some things that are missing. For anything I really want access to on my phone that there is no streaming license to, I transfer those files physically to the phone. I hope this clears things up a bit!

yep pretty much what I figured thanks for the response! :)

Meagey

Aug 1, 2013
Visit site
I use iTunes on my iMac to transfer music using the MAC connector. No need to stream if you own the music.

Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Tapatalk

I stream because I have a few thousand songs and only 16 gig internal memory w/ no SD slot (Lumia 925) I also use T-Mobile with truly unlimited 4g so I like to take advantage but thanks for the response

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I have a windows 8 PC and everything works fine but it uses icloud for my music which is all actually stored on my MacBook. I know on windows 8 it auto syncs but only if the music is on that computer its not sensing what's in the cloud which is 95% of it. So I'm curious if there is a way to upload all my music straight from my MacBook to Xbox cloud or do I have to get all the music to my PC to get it onto the cloud..... question 2 does the phone Xbox music app auto sync or do I have to do something manually because I do have a few albums that show up on my PC Xbox music but not showing on my phone. Thanks you
you got no way to upload to Xbox music, sadly stupid but unfortunately true.

Dave Bhullar

Apr 19, 2013
Visit site

You can't upload music to Xbox music. You have to somehow transfer it onto your PC, download all the music on your PC. Then it should show up in your 'collection' section in Xbox music app on your PC. If you want your phone to automatically download those music files then there's a workaround for it. Make a playlist on your PC and put all the songs in it. There is a setting in the new Xbox music app on WP that lets you automatically download playlists, make sure this setting is turned on. Then your phone would just automatically download the music. Xbox music works pretty good for music you buy from Xbox music, you can easily sync that across multiple devices and keep it offline if you want but music from other sources isn't as easy to manage. They should let us use OneDrive to upload music to the Xbox music app.

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I had the same delimma. I have over 30K songs in my iTunes Library, and I could not even use iCloud. I found an easy solution. I moved my iTunes Library to OneDrive Music Folder. This allows me too keep my iTunes in sync with my Apple devices, and it allows Xbox Music to see my entire library for streaming.

I hope this helps.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss