Xbox Music Beta - Downloaded music not saving to SD card

jholso

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
So today my dad sent me a message because he noticed that the music he was downloading was not saving to the SD card even though his setting are set too. I thought maybe something was up with his L820, so I told him to plug it into his laptop as an external drive and see if he could move his music from phone/music to sd/music. Not being able to try it myself with my L1020 since there is no sd card slot.

He came back saying that the music was not showing up in phone/music. At which point I wanted to double check, so I downloaded some new music, plugged in and it was in phone/music. I asked where he was downloading from, he said the xbox music app I installed on his phone. Then it hit me to try out downloading a song through that app versus the built in xbox music app or the store. At that point I was able to confirm that when I download a song through xbox music beta app it would not show up in phone/music on my phone and not save to the sd card on my Dads phone.

I hope this is something they are aware of and are actively fixing for 8.1.

Anyone else had trouble like that with the new Xbox music app?

jholso

Sep 18, 2012
Visit site
Yea not confused about owning them or not. Both of us have been Xbox/Zune pass subscribers for nearly three years. We both understand we don't own the songs, its more why the new app is downloading them and not following the system setting to store them on the sd card. Especially with low storage devices. Makes sense that 8.1 will fix that part of it by just installing the app on the sd card.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rogertewarte