Listen to Xbox music in car

Kimboo

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello everybody!

I made the switch from iTunes to Xbox Music a few months ago and is fairly happy with that overall. I now have my music on my tablet, phone and laptop. Great!

I have yet to find a solution on how to get the music with me in my car though. I have a 1st gen iPod Touch that I always keep in my car for in-car intertainment. Before, I used to just sync my iPod with iTunes and I always had my music with me. I have two cars, in one I connect the iPod simply with an AUX Jack. In the other I have an iPod Connector/Media interface.

Now I need to figure out how to play Xbox Music and be able to connect that using both AUX and iPod connector. My first thought is to get a new iPod Touch, and get the Xbox Music app for that. But will I be able to control the Xbox Music app and see artists, tracks etc in my car through the iPod Connector then? I have a Becker Cascade Pro system in that particular car.

Is this the best solution or is there another one to my problem? Most importantly I want to be able to play Xbox Music like I did music synced to my iPod from iTunes, on my Becker system.

Hope you can help me out! Thanks!

Unicron109

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
Well in the car with aux you can just plug in which ever device you want. The iPod Connector presents a problem though. You could use an FM transmitter but a Bing search did turn up options for cables that are iPod Connector to 3.5mm so that could be a solution.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Sorry, I speak car audio -I have two aux-in installations, but I do not speak any i-dialect. For the aux-in equipped vehicle, all you need is a cheap male-to-male audio cable to connect the aux-in to your devices' headphone outputs. Congratulations on all your upgrades! :smile:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jallymonz