How do I remove downloaded music in the Xbox Music app?

David Nordvall

Mar 28, 2014
Visit site
I have a Xbox Music Pass which I use on my Lumia 920, among other devices. I use the "new" Xbox Music app (as opposed to the built-in Music & Videos hub). Mostly I stream music as I have an unlimitied data plan. I have, however, recently been abroad and made a number of playlists available offline. I would now like to remove the local copies of those songs as I need the space but I can't for the life of me figure out how. If I remove a song it is not only removed from my device but also from my cloud collection, which is _not_ what I want. Am I missing something or has then feature been overlooked?

Daniel Ratcliffe

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Are you using this on Windows Phone or Windows 8? If it's W8 I can help but not WP.

EDIT: I need to learn to read properly as you mentioned you're using the Lumia. Sorry for that screw up on my part! I'll have a look and see if I can work it out. For now though try seeing if you can remove the tracks from the phone using the built in music and videos hub. I'll also see if I can get Xbox Music on my HTC Titan (which runs WP7)

EDIT2: Not available for my HTC Titan. If my suggestion doesn't work to use the default music and videos hub then I'm at a loss as to how to help. Sorry!

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Can be done but it seems to be only on a song by song basis and from only one view

Go into the Albums list
Press on an album so it shows all the songs
long press on a song and select delete (it should now give a warning about removing from phone), this does not touch cloud/collection
repeat for each song

From the albums list is the only place I found that doesn't delete from collection also

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720