Xbox Music & Zune Music Pass (Grandfathered)

psychotron

Aug 30, 2011
Visit site
Not exactly sure what you're trying to do, but I can tell you with absolute certainty that you won't be able to do it through Zune Marketplace as it no longer exists.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Imstrugglin, I don't know of any way to buy with credits other than using Zune, which I still do on my desktop each month. I only use XBM on my RT, and don't do anything music-wise on that except listen to tons of tunes. I really enjoy the XBM photos streaming on my Now Playing screen.

Actually, effective this month, XBM Pass credits are the only way I can purchase music using Zune. I'm still very happy using Zune to download music and organize my ~60GB music Collection, the majority of which consists of Zune-now-Xbox Music Pass downloads. I don't know which device(s) you're using, but I did a Bing search and found the following link which, though dated, may help: How to Use Zune Pass Song Credits With Xbox Music | Windows Gadget News It's entirely possible that this method no longer works or only works on Win 8.0. Good luck and enjoy Zune.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Is there a way to use the 10 free songs on Xbox Music or do you have to go through the Zune Marketplace?
Using your credits is only done through the Zune software and the Music+Video hub. The Xbox Music app will not display the option to use credits. I asked Microsoft if they will include that option when WP8.1 arrives, and they said no. Also note that when upgrading to WP8.1, the Music+Video hub will no longer be available. Thus, if you don't have WP7-8, then the only way to use the credits will be the Zune software.

dbadali

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
I just updated to WP 8.1 and am able to use grandfathered credits in the xbox music app. Just browse through the store from within xbox music, press and hold on a song and select "buy". It will give you the option to use credits. I'm not sure where it saves the mp3 file as it does not show up when using file explorer on the desktop. I was able to use the share option and email the mp3 file. I'm pretty sure it will automatically download the mp3 file to my computer at home in Windows 8. Will see later today when I am home.

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I too can happily and gratefully confirm that I can use my credit! This is a contradiction to what I was told

IMStrugglin

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
I just updated to WP 8.1 and am able to use grandfathered credits in the xbox music app. Just browse through the store from within xbox music, press and hold on a song and select "buy". It will give you the option to use credits. I'm not sure where it saves the mp3 file as it does not show up when using file explorer on the desktop. I was able to use the share option and email the mp3 file. I'm pretty sure it will automatically download the mp3 file to my computer at home in Windows 8. Will see later today when I am home.

This is great news!!

dbadali

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
Just confirmed that mp3 file downloaded on windows 8 computer when I opened Xbox music app. Song was also added to my cloud collection.

yodies

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I do not see the option to download songs. The only option I have is to buy an album, and that doesn't give me the choice to use credits. Are you still seeing this option in the latest version?

Vallos

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I think the last update wiped that option. Now I have to use the Zune software to use credits. What an inconvenience.:eck:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
johnwilliam9750