xbox music going backwards again??

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
I never understood why you need to pay $10 a month if you already pay for a gold membership, I mean really.

I actually agree with this. Though I'm guessing because they are two completely different services. $10 for Xbox Live each month and $10 for Xbox Music Pass, and that's not mentioning any other subscriptions you may have like Evernote Premium or even paying for movies and TV shows on Xbox Video, and any other purchases you make on Xbox Live. Having nice stuff hurts the wallet but its worth it. With Microsoft's ecosystem now, everything will be on your tablet, laptop, desktop, and your Xbox.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I actually agree with this. Though I'm guessing because they are two completely different services. $10 for Xbox Live each month and $10 for Xbox Music Pass, and that's not mentioning any other subscriptions you may have like Evernote Premium or even paying for movies and TV shows on Xbox Video, and any other purchases you make on Xbox Live. Having nice stuff hurts the wallet but its worth it. With Microsoft's ecosystem now, everything will be on your tablet, laptop, desktop, and your Xbox.

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Don't forget the $30-$70 a month in internet access just to be able to use the Xbox

alex_froilan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
I can confirm that both lockscreen and live tile support for now playing is not there but only app backgound is there, sdk is the source .... And yes its a step backwards...

Lockscreen support is still there, and it works well, provided that you're playing music from Xbox Music and not from other sources.

1.png2.png

A895

Banned
Mar 17, 2013
Visit site
Don't forget the $30-$70 a month in internet access just to be able to use the Xbox

I didn't mention the cost of apps and games on mobile devices, and games you buy for your Xbox. Damn, that is a lot of money.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

DaT Franchise

Mar 2, 2014
Visit site
I didn't mention the cost of apps and games on mobile devices, and games you buy for your Xbox. Damn, that is a lot of money.

Sent from my XT1060 using Mobile Nations mobile app

internet $70 live $10 Netflix $15 movies 4-7 @ $6 a pop that's roughly $120 a month for me. $80 a month just to own an Xbox lol. Not to mention now you must keep a credit card attached to it to buy/rent anything!! Its getting worse than cable and that's another $100 a month. I'm in the wrong business hahahah. Oh well gotta pay to play. Anyways the point is wtf makes Xbox music $10 a month?? That **** better be epic, other apps let you use on multiple devices. Like damn as much as we shell out to MS and put up with that junk should be free if your a gold member. Really $10 a month just to be able to use the damn thing other than $400 DVD player.

nikhilr51

Sep 11, 2012
Visit site
Oh god this sounds terrible. The current Xbox music app has the following flaws:
1. Slow, has to load artists and songs when you scroll. Generally stutters a fair bit.
2. SYNCED PLAYLISTS ARE NOT SUPPORTED. BIGGEST PROBLEM FOR ME.
3. Album art doesnt work in the albums list and makes the app look pretty ugly. Album art does work when you play a song however.
4. Live tiles (not a problem for me as i use the smallest one currently plus i just get a grey tile anyway, but if they add an extra row i might go a size up....)

The current Wp8 music app doesnt have any of these problems.
I will be very disappointed if they just re-release the xbox music app and get rid of the default one.

Hell, nokia mixradio also has NONE of these problems. Actually has a working live tile with album art (unlike the default wp8 music app)
mmmm mixradio even has artist backgrounds.....and they seem to have fixed most of the lag.....i should start using this more...

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Just saw a video of the music app in wp8.1. Looks like it is what we all want now- making playlists on the phone and local collection support.

Ahmed Gharib

Aug 21, 2013
Visit site
you have to buy an Xbox music pass to use the app. And to keep the files straight they need to be stored in the cloud,,,see where all this is going? $$$$

That's actually not true. The app in 8.1 Works without a music pass and plays your local music. In fact you can make playlists that consist of cloud songs and local music. Furthermore You can download the songs stored in the cloud and listen to them locally anytime.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Lol i bypassed xbox music for wp8 by pressing the back button after it prompted me to get a music pass after i signed in. I can stream songs for 30 seconds and play my own music too.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
I hope this is wrong, but it looks like there is NO support for the xbox music app in regards to the live tile that shows the artist now playing on the start screen. There is also no option to see or change the background art in the app by using MPATool like we can now do thru the Hub. And I don't know where all the problems are coming from in regards to managing the playlists now. Simply create a list in Zune and it appears in the "Playlist" file when you are adding music thru the wp app. These are the type of things I am referring to when I say the update is going backwards!

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
So tell me if I have this wrong:1. Now I must pay to use the Xbox Music that came with my phone, even when listening to music I own (local files).
2. No Live Tile depicting the artist now playing.
3. No way to continue using MPATool to improve on the album and artist art that MS only gets right when you buy it from them and store it bin the cloud.
4. Incur huge data bills while listening to that music stored in the cloud...even if they are my files.

Well if Music and it's visual presentation is what draws you to a phone then I see why my friends have iPhones and use iTunes

First they kill a great Zune program and now that the Xbox music hub is working we lose it too. Hmm...both of those were free programs right? Anyone else see a TREND??
iPhones as a music player is the best..... Every time I listen to music on windows phone I miss that.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
iPhones as a music player is the best..... Every time I listen to music on windows phone I miss that.

Have to agree with you- I'm hoping the 8.1 update will change that. A windows phone with an updated music app and a new 128gb sdcard would be killer for me.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234