xbox music going backwards again??

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
So tell me if I have this wrong:1. Now I must pay to use the Xbox Music that came with my phone, even when listening to music I own (local files).
2. No Live Tile depicting the artist now playing.
3. No way to continue using MPATool to improve on the album and artist art that MS only gets right when you buy it from them and store it bin the cloud.
4. Incur huge data bills while listening to that music stored in the cloud...even if they are my files.

Well if Music and it's visual presentation is what draws you to a phone then I see why my friends have iPhones and use iTunes

First they kill a great Zune program and now that the Xbox music hub is working we lose it too. Hmm...both of those were free programs right? Anyone else see a TREND??

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
So tell me if I have this wrong:1. Now I must pay to use the Xbox Music that came with my phone, even when listening to music I own (local files).
2. No Live Tile depicting the artist now playing.
3. No way to continue using MPATool to improve on the album and artist art that MS only gets right when you buy it from them and store it bin the cloud.
4. Incur huge data bills while listening to that music stored in the cloud...even if they are my files.

Well if Music and it's visual presentation is what draws you to a phone then I see why my friends have iPhones and use iTunes

First they kill a great Zune program and now that the Xbox music hub is working we lose it too. Hmm...both of those were free programs right? Anyone else see a TREND??

Yup, MS are making us pay to use files we own... *mutter*

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
don't know what music player you will use...and you will lose any background art you have put with files that are now played with xbox music hub. It is my understanding that this will be gone. Technically they are telling us that they can do ota updates for the music and video apps easier that way. Considering that we have only had 2 updates in the whole last year of wp8 I couldn't are less about updates...just let me keep what I have!!!!!!

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Would be nice if someone who has WP8.1 can show us if any changes are made to the music interface. Will 8.1 still have a native music player for local files like currently or rely on the Xbox Music app? I have 12,000 mp3s on a 64gb sdcard and the native music player works pretty well. The Xbox music app crashes for me when trying to play my local music. If they can improve the app and make it play local files while making it easy to create playlists that would be fantastic.

fiveaces01

Jul 24, 2013
Visit site
you have to buy an Xbox music pass to use the app. And to keep the files straight they need to be stored in the cloud,,,see where all this is going? $$$$

AliNSiddiqui

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
There's no way that Microsoft will charge to listen to music that's stored locally, that would be insane, perhaps they put the ability to press back when asked to sign in on purpose? I don't think they will get rid of that when the update comes out.

neo158

Oct 6, 2011
Visit site
The limitation is only there on the WP8 version of Xbox Music and will be removed on WP8.1, they would have to since it's the only music app installed as the Music+Videos hub has been removed.

Zacharyw70

Sep 3, 2013
Visit site
Is this really true? if I have to pay just to use music I'm transferring to the phone that would turn me off to WP8 right there. Seriously Xbox Music has to be the worst music service offered.

jwort93

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
Okay guys, let's clear up some confusion. The music app included with windows phone 8.1 is functionally identical to the preview app that is currently available in the app store. That being said, it removes the requirement to sign in to xbox music. A subscription is NOT REQUIRED to use the version included in 8.1, local support will work just fine. Furthermore, it seems to be much faster and more stable than the preview version in the app store right now, in fact despite the fact it is functionally equivalent, I think the core has been rewritten as it is listed as a universal app in the store, so it now uses WinRT instead of silverlight.

Neo Nuke

Jan 15, 2012
Visit site
Lotta BS here but seriously, has anyone seen the new 8.1 Xbox Music live tile. I want to know if it has lost the ability to show what's playing and its movement/animation since it is is disjointed from the system ?

abhishake620

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
Lotta BS here but seriously, has anyone seen the new 8.1 Xbox Music live tile. I want to know if it has lost the ability to show what's playing and its movement/animation since it is is disjointed from the system ?

I can confirm that both lockscreen and live tile support for now playing is not there but only app backgound is there, sdk is the source .... And yes its a step backwards...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo