How do I get my music back?

SoullessOnyx

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Hey, I installed the Halo 4 Remix Album in 2012 and got a new phone and only just noticed it was missing from my music album.
I brought it from the Music store on Windows Phone for like ?10 so why am I unable to download it again? It is acting as if I have never owned it when I remember buying it.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I have the same issue. All my music I bought is gone after updating to WP8.1.

Some while ago I changed time settings (just fiddling around) and the same happend as it looks now. The only way I could get it back was a factory restore so im trying that now. Will report back how that went.

aeschylus

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
Music that you purchase through Xbox Music isn't necessarily added to your collection. This is always the case if you buy something that is not available for streaming. There is no way to access the DRM free tracks you have bought apart from the first time they are downloaded after purchase.

aeschylus

Dec 22, 2010
Visit site
That's why it's never a good idea to actually purchase music through Xbox music. Use Amazon instead so that all of your music is automatically backed up on their servers and available for download.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
Amazon really is horrible in Sweden. Region restricted content. If I lived in U.S perhaps. But the app on WP isn't to good either if I recall correctly?
Anyway, I'm giving them a month to clean up Xbox Music and if I don't get my music back, I will demand a refund for all I bought.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
I installed WP8 again and could then download my purchased tracks. So now I'm trying out a app named Extreme Music, and its doing all the Xbox Music app does but better. Once loaded the app is snappy, but of course I can't stream my music collection and must keep all tracks in my phone (hate that, and Sky Music Drive isn't working anymore on WP 8.1). But since my music is not showing up this is the only solution.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ailanamargarett