music player in wp 8.1 is really bad!

sticitodaman

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Are there any other long time zune users out there that are unhappy with the native music app on windows phone 8.1? They changed the now playing interface to something really basic and less usefull. Unless I'm completely missing something, it looks like they've done away with the swipe to the left action that changes the song! Also you use to be able to tap the artists name and it would take you to their albums and songs. The whole now playing interface seems completely different to me, it use to be more like the zune HD and windows phone 7, now its all messed up :(

It seems like a few small features are missing, but I use to be able to navigate the old interface blind! IDK why they had to go and change it. I'm really pissed at this new update and I might cancel my xbox music pass because I hate the new interface.

eharris55

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
You know what else is missing, finding newly released music by genre. Why would I only want to see top albums and artists. The xbox music experience is very different on every device I use. There needs to be some conformity.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
Are there any other long time zune users out there that are unhappy with the native music app on windows phone 8.1? They changed the now playing interface to something really basic and less usefull. Unless I'm completely missing something, it looks like they've done away with the swipe to the left action that changes the song! Also you use to be able to tap the artists name and it would take you to their albums and songs. The whole now playing interface seems completely different to me, it use to be more like the zune HD and windows phone 7, now its all messed up :(

It seems like a few small features are missing, but I use to be able to navigate the old interface blind! IDK why they had to go and change it. I'm really pissed at this new update and I might cancel my xbox music pass because I hate the new interface.

I could honestly live with these issues (considering it's a beta app right now) if the app actually worked properly. Takes roughly 30-45 minutes for my whole library to show up initially (54GB), takes anywhere from 5-7 minutes to load the library every time I open the app, and it doesn't even detect all my music correctly, despite everything being corrected with mp3tag. Not to mention the app is painfully slow in the first place.

​I actually want to downgrade back to WP8 now because of how much I listen to music on my phone.

RHoudek

Dec 10, 2013
Visit site
Oh my god, I literally banged my 620 against my steering wheel in anger over how terrible this app is in comparison with the one from before the 8.1 update, which I was already hating cause of how terrible that was from WP7 and Zune.

After a super long "collection update" yesterday, I tried using it this morning. It took forever to navigate between artists, and skipping one track ahead took over 10 seconds.

Gone is the ability to swipe track ahead. The Live tile is WORSE. Navigation sucked. And they still haven't fixed any issues with the one from 8.0

I'm glad to have limited playlist editing, but really the other features didn't need to disappear in order to have this feature working.

VERY VERY VERY disappointed with this crAPP

sticitodaman

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Oh my god, I literally banged my 620 against my steering wheel in anger over how terrible this app is in comparison with the one from before the 8.1 update, which I was already hating cause of how terrible that was from WP7 and Zune.

After a super long "collection update" yesterday, I tried using it this morning. It took forever to navigate between artists, and skipping one track ahead took over 10 seconds.

Gone is the ability to swipe track ahead. The Live tile is WORSE. Navigation sucked. And they still haven't fixed any issues with the one from 8.0

I'm glad to have limited playlist editing, but really the other features didn't need to disappear in order to have this feature working.

VERY VERY VERY disappointed with this crAPP

ABSOLUTELY!!! I always use my phone as my music source when I'm driving. I plug it straight into my stereo and with little effort I can navigate the old interface and still pay attention to the road. This new version is useless and far too hard to use while driving. The next track, previous track, play and pause buttons are way too small and too close to the song list, its just cluttered. I keep tapping the wrong thing. I really love my xbox music pass but I wont use it through a half baked user interface.

Thank you wpcentral for posting an article about this on the homepage. Other than that, 8.1 is kinda cool so far ;)

Simon Gregory

Dec 31, 2012
Visit site
I think everybody is frustrated with this (just look at how many responses the recent WPC post got). I have zero confidence that this will be much better by the official update is released. The problem is that nobody is really listening. Since they closed down the master list of issues there is no focal point to direct our displeasure (I don't think they take uservoice too seriously either). I think there are two things that we as a community could do to get attention on this:
1) make another master list of issues thread on the support forum and promote the hell out of it. I'd call it the 'Grand Master List of Issues'
2) do a side by side comparison of Zune on WP7.5 and XBM on WP8. Maybe even a video. Maybe WPC would do it.

Dos101

Sep 7, 2012
Visit site
I think everybody is frustrated with this (just look at how many responses the recent WPC post got). I have zero confidence that this will be much better by the official update is released. The problem is that nobody is really listening. Since they closed down the master list of issues there is no focal point to direct our displeasure (I don't think they take uservoice too seriously either). I think there are two things that we as a community could do to get attention on this:
1) make another master list of issues thread on the support forum and promote the hell out of it. I'd call it the 'Grand Master List of Issues'
2) do a side by side comparison of Zune on WP7.5 and XBM on WP8. Maybe even a video. Maybe WPC would do it.

​Not all hope is lost, apparently Rudy Huyn is working on a music app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa