Output to Xbox one from Xbox Music App on Phone

ttop

Dec 18, 2010
Visit site
Essentially all I want to do is be able to send music from my phone, effortlessly to the xbox one. Ideally, I'd like to be able to just make the xbox one the sound output device, similar to making an airport express the "speaker" in the apple eco system. But some way to just use the app on my phone and have the sound come through my XB1 would be enough to start. SO frustrating that this can't be done yet. Only way I have found to do this, is using smartglass, and searching for music one at a time and then selecting play to xbox. If I tag a new song through search or using Cortana now, I have no way to play that song from the music app, direct to the xbox. I have to search it again VIA smartglass to play it. The other issue with that, is half the time, the search comes up with no results, even though the phone can find and play it no problem.

Someone must know of a better solution to this.....

Curtieson

Jul 26, 2011
Visit site
Are you using the Xbox Music app on your Xbox One?

If you find songs that you want to play, just add them to a playlist on your phone. The playlist is then instantly sync'd with your console and it can be played from there.

I agree in that I wish you could use the Previous, Play, Next buttons via the Music app on the phone instead of having to change to Smartglass in order to play/pause.... But I usually just use my voice via the One anyway.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3