Anyone using there SD Card to store music on their Lumia?

knuckles245

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Id just like to know if the SD Card works well with your phones. Before there were issues with duplicates and stuff. Thanks for any response! :)

I upgraded my daughters Lumia 521 with the WP8.1 Developer Preview and I have noticed no duplicate images or songs. She has been taking photos and listening to music without any issues, I even put images on her SD Card with my laptop and all is good.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
Using a Sandisk Class 10 64GB card has yielded absolutely no problems on my Lumia 520 with Music Drop, Windows transfer, or with Mac transfer.

It has been a complete nightmare on my 820, though. I'm not talking just duplicates. Any given song could be multiplied up to 10 times. It's been a complete and utter joke. No problems with a 32GB card.

Stephen Pedersen

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
I have a Sandisk ULTRA class 10 card also. Im going it on a 521 Lumia, so we have basically the same phones and SD Card. Before I would reset id have 6 of the same files for countless songs. So you changed your lumia 820 card to a 32gig memory card and that solved the problem?

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
It solved the duplicate song problem, but I'm really upset that I had to resort to that. This phone is supposed to support 64GB memory expansion, and it just doesn't do it properly.

tapehead

Jul 29, 2013
Visit site
It's possible, but Windows Phone's SD card support is extremely buggy and unreliable. Try the card in other devices and see how it performs. Regardless, to fix it, the phone needs to be hard-reset and the card formatted by a PC.

I will say that I found the best support using Music Drop. To date, it is it the only method that didn't yield a single duplicate. Although it doesn't transfer album art, so if you're on 8.1, you're kind of SOL.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa