So I was using Xbox Music today (Windows 8/RT)

HeyCori

Mod Emeritus
Mar 1, 2011
Visit site
And realized that I didn't hate it. Sure, I want a few more features that I used during my Zune days, like adjusting meta data and the option to burn CDs (for my W8 desktop). But the act of finding music, adding songs to a playlist and overall stability has greatly improved since launch. A big plus for me is the ability to pin songs to the start screen. It's great for keeping a list of albums to listen to later.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am jelly , I want to enjoy Xbox music service in India :cry: Many people are still trying to adopt iTunes though but I am still happy with nokia mix radio :smile:

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
I have a subscription to Nokia MixRadio+. It seems like Xbox Music requires a subscription to get the most benefit, so I rarely use it. I mainly use Windows Media Player or Windows Media Centre on my PCs. I'd really have to try the Xbox Music trial to see if it would be worthwhile for me, but I keep waiting for more updates/bug fixes before I'm willing to pull the trigger on the free trial.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
And realized that I didn't hate it. Sure, I want a few more features that I used during my Zune days, like adjusting meta data and the option to burn CDs (for my W8 desktop). But the act of finding music, adding songs to a playlist and overall stability has greatly improved since launch. A big plus for me is the ability to pin songs to the start screen. It's great for keeping a list of albums to listen to later.
I also enjoy XBM on my RT, and the pinning feature (for artists) -which I've enjoyed since WP 7.5, at least. But these are still "my Zune days": I use Zune regularly to manage my Collection, sync my Zune players, and redeem my 10 Xbox Pass credits each month. Thanks HeyCori: enjoy the music!

Jose_Rey

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, it actually isn't bad at all. I finally got rid of my Zune HD and been thinking about what to replace it with to have a seamless experience across all my devices, with playlists, songs, etc.

I had originally planned on an iPod touch, but more and more I think a Galaxy S4 mini will do the trick. It's small enough for one hand and has a replaceable battery plus SD slot.

I will continue to use the Zune software until a few more features are added to XBOX MUSIC, mainly my 10 song credits and sorting of mp3 vs subscription music. Other than that and the most likely incoming locker thingy I'm good to go.

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I have a subscription to Nokia MixRadio+. It seems like Xbox Music requires a subscription to get the most benefit, so I rarely use it. I mainly use Windows Media Player or Windows Media Centre on my PCs. I'd really have to try the Xbox Music trial to see if it would be worthwhile for me, but I keep waiting for more updates/bug fixes before I'm willing to pull the trigger on the free trial.

This is me exactly!

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
(this post is/was a response to a post that was deleted from this thread, along with several others)
Dkediger, I guess I've been "hooked", then, for four years of downloading and listening joy. You're right, dkediger, it is absolutely and simply about researching, trialing/evaluating, and buying -or not. I researched for a week, trialed for two, and subscribed. You do have to know your stuff -including your specific needs and tastes- to evaluate well, and you probably have to have advanced music needs to value/appreciate any subscription.

Last edited:

dkediger

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Yeah - curious about those posts. I guess, given the complaining about the WP XBM app, that I am just very reluctant to "spend" my trial time on an app that others have judged as a very poor experience. I'm not likely to use the service anywhere but my phone, so that may ultimately limit the multi-device play-anywhere aspect of the service to me.

I do appreciate HeyCori's OP, and your, RTGent's, contributions to the subject. I'm more likely to pay attention to improvements to the WP XBM app, and at some point, will likely start the clock on the 30 day trial.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium