Music app update for 8.1

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
The default music (earlier music + videos ) app was updated today. It said there were gonna be some bug fixes, and honestly, I am happy about it.
The black screen that appeared earlier many a times while running the app has gone now.
It has become a bit faster.
And the best thing, now we can rewind or forward the song easily by dragging the scroller on the line that shows how much the song is over. (sorry, I dont know what its called. :p) that means, now you won't have to keep on holding the forward button to move the song ahead. Now you just have to drag and leave. As simple as that. XD

I have not seen other changes yet coz I have tried the app after update only once, but if you have, then please do let me know other changes. :)
Good day!

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
I love the recent update , it introduced song scrubbing , faster startup and bug fixes. Read more here :- Microsoft keeps promise, updates Xbox Music for Windows Phone | Windows Phone Central

I had got that update, but I didn't get the scrubbing feature in that. But today I got it. If you check my same post in other group, u will find some users who haven't even got that update yet. Dont know what's up.
But one thing I know that Microsoft is planning something big, something good. Coz they deleted the games hub from the app list, just to clear it, and then brought it back with improvements. Same with music. They are bringing the apps to their basic forms, and then updating them.

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
One more thing I wanna know, does your music player shows artists backgrounds / images in the now playing screen? Coz my app doesn't show anything. Only those headphones, that are default when your song doesn't have an artist cover.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I had got that update, but I didn't get the scrubbing feature in that. But today I got it. If you check my same post in other group, u will find some users who haven't even got that update yet. Dont know what's up.
But one thing I know that Microsoft is planning something big, something good. Coz they deleted the games hub from the app list, just to clear it, and then brought it back with improvements. Same with music. They are bringing the apps to their basic forms, and then updating them.

They didn't received the new update because ixbox music service is not available in their country , for instance her in India. I have to change my region to United States in order to get the music app update from windows phone store.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
One more thing I wanna know, does your music player shows artists backgrounds / images in the now playing screen? Coz my app doesn't show anything. Only those headphones, that are default when your song doesn't have an artist cover.

No it doesn't because music downloaded from Nokia mix radio does not add background artist image.

Last edited:

Tejas Javery

Mar 19, 2014
Visit site
same here (but if you play a song in nokia mix radio , it will fetch artist image from internet )
Haha yeah, that I know. But earlier it used to show images... I dont know what's going on... Hope it comes back... Now I am gonna try the music hub app. (I think you must be knowing... The one which is a copy of the old 8.0 music + videos hub). And will let you know if artist images show up there or not. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720