Help us get our Windows app to Windows Phone!

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

You've been an amazing community and I've always enjoyed the discussions and cool atmosphere on this forum. Today, I'm asking for your help.
Here's the deal: we made a Windows game. It's called Cat's Catch. It's a casual game aimed at kids and parents who are looking for a simple but fun, engaging, friendly and safe game. I'd like to expand a bit on the safe-factor: Cat's Catch is free, without any ads or in-app purchases. So we think it's a perfect game for parents to let their kids play without having to worry about unexpected costs or misleading ads.

We're currently in talks with Microsoft for (financial) support to make a Windows Phone version of the game to get it to all those mobile users. They like the game and are certainly interested. BUT! They need some sort of indication of how well it will perform and how good our marketing is. That's where you guys can help us out :smile:
Please, if you have the time and are running Windows 8, download Cat's Catch via this link, play it a bit, give us some feedback, give us a rating and review (we won't force you to rate us with 5 stars, we're not Dungeon Keeper) and let us know your top score!
We'd really, really, really appreciate it. Help us get our game to Windows Phone! :excited:

1.jpg

Alienhead95

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I dont see myself playing this game, but the fact that you are supporting the platform I will defintiely download it. You dont have ads you are not charging for it, and you are not asking for five stars. These facts make me want to support you and give you 5 stars. I have multiple windows 8 pc's, i will download on all. thanks again for your willingness to support the platform.

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Thank you so much! That's so nice to hear. We're avid Windows (Phone) users ourselves, but even though it's easier to break through in the Windows Store compared to the App Store and Google Play Store, it's hard to get through to the Windows audience, as there aren't a lot of Windows-specific sites/blogs. If you know any good ones, please let us know!

Moortje

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Small effort, so yeah I downloaded it - and have to say, I like it! Trying very hard to get my score above 200: already managed to get the 165! Whoohoo!

Semoe

May 27, 2014
Visit site
So I barely made it to 100 points, but its super fun to play! I get the 'simple and fun', it has a nice feel and I think children will really like it! It keeps you busy too, I realllyyy want to get better and improve my highscore every time I play! A 5 star game for sure :)!

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Anyone been able to score higher than 200? After months of testing, I easily manage to get 300, but I'm curious to see how "regular" users perform ;-)

allumallu

May 27, 2014
Visit site
Yo!
I'm young man who will be soon a father too and this game is really lika a some cartoon (ex. tom and jerry) and these kind of games are good for young children. not so much violence but something like "action-cartoon". i (and other millions) grew up with tom and jerry (very violent cartoon in a way) and still im not accused or sentenced for being violent criminal who smashed someones head in and expected it to miraculously heal in a second lol. what i mean, i like it, many other likes it (more than meets the eye) AND kids will love it.
I did took it as soon as i did got the chance, my best score is still only 129 but it truly is good relaxing game. only if you can fill some other attack-/charge-mechanic on cat, cause then it's more intresting, more suprising, game lives longer and so people's interest. lastly, lets say im not fanatic fan, but still i have watching your progress almost from the start, cause i have longed good relaxing windows phone game, and this is it. So be good and just do it on windows phone! :D
ps. sry my english

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
Yo!
I'm young man who will be soon a father too and this game is really lika a some cartoon (ex. tom and jerry) and these kind of games are good for young children. not so much violence but something like "action-cartoon". i (and other millions) grew up with tom and jerry (very violent cartoon in a way) and still im not accused or sentenced for being violent criminal who smashed someones head in and expected it to miraculously heal in a second lol. what i mean, i like it, many other likes it (more than meets the eye) AND kids will love it.
I did took it as soon as i did got the chance, my best score is still only 129 but it truly is good relaxing game. only if you can fill some other attack-/charge-mechanic on cat, cause then it's more intresting, more suprising, game lives longer and so people's interest. lastly, lets say im not fanatic fan, but still i have watching your progress almost from the start, cause i have longed good relaxing windows phone game, and this is it. So be good and just do it on windows phone! :D
ps. sry my english

Aww, that's so nice to hear. Hope your kid will like it! We'll do our very, very best to get it to Windows Phone as soon as possible!

allumallu

May 27, 2014
Visit site
thanks!
Btw, what i meant was that your guys company can or might make other games, like Cat's Catch, in a future, which are good for kids (and still adults too will enjoy playing those) cause imo Cat's Catch isn't violent nor do have any of those things, which makes now our days kids thinking that you can hit someone as hard as you can or worse shoot someone. :p well, i think my point was clear.
It was pretty funny, when i did wait this game to be free or on windows phone for weeks and when it was there me to get it and I show it to my gf, she liked it so much that now I haven't got any chance to play it cause of her. xD
This is the first time when i wrote to internet for and about something like a "mere" game. So said, you are going just the right road as long as you make games like these.
Let's say, I give for this game full five stars, cause me and many others are expecting it to have updates still for a long time.

AaHaa

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site
That's so great to hear, thanks for the downloads!

Great news by the way: we won the first prize at //publish/ (Microsoft's developer contest)! We're hoping this will boost our downloads even more :grin:

woodenplank_facebook_publish.jpg
This is the team with our prize: a Nokia Lumia 1520! Amazing device.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism