Fix Album art doesn't show up / changed by Xbox Music 8.1

bellamyCK

May 10, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys! A lot of people complaint that their album art doesn't show up, or changed because of Xbox music, and I got that problem too.
I tried to re-sync with Windows phone app for Desktop but no help, but today i figure out the way to solve the problem.
Note: I am not an English native speaker, so sorry about my grammar/vocabulary. :(
Note2: the album art is embedded in all songs in that album.
1. Don't connect your phone to the PC and turn off "Show streaming music in my collection" in the Xbox music setting.
2. Go to the album which you want to fix and select it.
3. Select all song in that album (three dots at the right corner) and delete all of them.
4. Press back, now you will see that the album is still there.
5. Back again, now you are at the start of the app.
6. Go to album again, check that the album was removed, it isn't in the list anymore, then quit Xbox Music.
7. Connect the phone to the PC, use Windows phone app for Desktop to sync again.
8. Now go to Xbox Music, the app will check for new files, wait for it to complete, then check your album, it should be fixed.
At first 4 albums didn't show the album art, 3 albums which album art are changed, but after using this method, all of them now show up the right album art.
Hope it can help! :smile:

Edit: Here is an example picture, in the left one, album art didn't show up, and in the right one, it was fixed.
wp_ss_20140611_0005 - Copy.jpg

Last edited:

anon(5383410)

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I use MP3tag. It was a pain but I just went through my entire abum collection and made sure everything was tagged properly. If you do it with mp3tag album art is embedded and wll show on any device.

bellamyCK

May 10, 2013
Visit site
I use MP3tag. It was a pain but I just went through my entire abum collection and made sure everything was tagged properly. If you do it with mp3tag album art is embedded and wll show on any device.

I already have the album art embedded in my file, but Xbox music still cannot recognize them, the other music app were fine.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb