Xbox music app on WP 8.1 not updating

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Hello all! Been using wp8.1 dev preview ever since it released. For one month I did not see any update for the music app when two updates had already rolled out. Only when the third update rolled out I was able to see the update in the store.
when I tried updating the app, the update cancelled during install and it showed the ERROR 80070127 and started to download again. And ever since I'm sick of seeing it again and again.
Has anyone encountered the error and found a possible fix??
P.S: Tried unpinning the music tile from the start screen n kids corner trick mentioned in a reddit post

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I've no solution but (nearly) the same problem. I could install all updates but get the the same error with the current one. I have no idea what to do :(

What is the kids corner trick?

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Unpin every music related files from start screen and in the kids corner menu and try to update the app. Some of them reported that it worked. But didn't quite work for me. Some albums were still pinned even though I unticked all the boxes in the kids corner menu

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I also unable to unpin all my stuff in the kids corner. There are many playlists pinned but only one of them is listed as pinned. None of them can be unpinned and only the listed ones can be played. All the other lists in kids corner cannot be played.

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Really? Loosing all (at least most) game scores just to get Xbox music up and running again? And with the risk that kids corners settings backuped so it won't change a thing (if kids corner is related to this, which we still don't know for sure...).

Did you hard reset?

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Wow, this is strange. I guess you restored your settings after hard resetting?!

So it looks as if we have to find someone who did a hard reset WITHOUT restoring settings afterwards...

Did the restore also keep the playlists in kids corner for you? If had to bet I'd say... "yes"?

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I suspect playlists/albums pinned via the old music hub as the problem. If I now pin any list using the music hub (via music hub tile app) I cannot get rid of it later on as I can't with my old lists.

Another difference is: Newly pinned lists are green tiles and able to be played in kids corner. They are also shown in kids corner settings. Old pinned lists are... some kind of purple tiles and unable to be played. They are not shown in the kids corner settings. Perhaps because I once deleted all my listed and resynced them afterwards.

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
After the reset music app doesn't even open. After the music icon appears in the green screen it goes blank. Only way to come out of it is to hold the back key n close it

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I was in the hope that the error would simply disappear with the next music update. Today the update for Xbox music is live but I'm still unable to install it :(

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I again did following steps:
- delete IE history
- delete temp data
- softreset
- disabled kids corner
- softreset
- set date and time
- cancelled pending Xbox music download
- tried to update

No success :'(

keerthi vasan

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I have never set up playlists as I use this phone rarely to listen to music. And yes, even after deselecting all the apps,games and music in the kids corner seeing, I still find some albums and some empty tiles in the kids corner page which launches the music app

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb