Unable to sync music

KarateDad

Dec 14, 2011
Visit site
HI all,

I have a Lumia 925, and I am basically unable to sync any music to it. I am having major problems, and I need help! I am running the latest developer preview release.

1. I tried from Windows 7, and the "windows phone app for desktop" seems to show every playlist I've ever made on my computer, whether they still exist or not.

2. From Win7 if I select a playlist and sync, it runs, and copies all the files to my phone (I can browse the phone and see the files), BUT the playlist doesn't show up in Xbox Music or Nokia Mix Music.

3. I connected to a windows 8 box, recreated my playlist in Xbox music. but, I can't figure out how to sync the playlist to the phone. There is no option I can find that says "sync to phone".

4. On Win8 Xbox Music, some of my content shows up as local only, some shows up at cloud (OneDrive) and local. I can go to each clip one at a time, and choose add to cloud collection. But, I can't imagine doing this for several thousand tracks.

5. On Win8, I go to windows phone, and go to music, and choose add playlist to phone. It doesn't show any playlists.

6. On win8, I go to windows media player (what is this, 2008?), and I created a playlist with 101 songs. I drag it over to sync with the phone, and it syncs. I go to the phone, and sometimes the playlist isn't there at all, other times they playlist is there but only shows 37 songs (even though all the songs are on my device).

To top off my frustration, my wife has a brand new 1520, I connected it to my Win7 device, selected a playlist to sync, and within minutes the whole playlist is there, it shows up, and all the songs are there. Seriously!!!

SO what the heck can I do, short of wiping my phone and starting over ?

Xbox music is the biggest piece of junk software that Microsoft has ever produced, IMHO.

Thanks,
Mark

SB5

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
Have you tried doing a soft reset? Also did your wife upgrade to Windows Phone 8.1 or is it Music+Videos on her phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa