Please Recommend Music Player for Huge Library

Damionix

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
Hello there everyone,

Long time reader, first time poster :).

Like everyone else, I have grown to hate Xbox Music. I miss the days of Simple, intuitive, fast, and fluid Music player for Windows Phone 7.X.
Anyway, I will shed my tears and regrets later.

I am sure many of you here have looked for alternative players, and I assume it would be wise to seek advise here.
I have a Lumua 1520 with 128GB Micro SD card that carries nothing but my Music Library of almost 15,000 songs and growing. I always wanted to have all my music with me and Sandisk made that possible.

However, I have been unable to find a good music player that can handle this much without freezing, slowing down, crashing, etc. I have purchase these;
Music Pro, OneMusic, Extreme Music. Muzik just gets stuck on Indexing, so I can't say for sure.

The only one that seems to be able to do something a little better is Extreme Music (despite my dislike for the interface).

So, I am sure some people on here have the same thing I do. Any recommendations?

Thanks a lot.

Damion

loofmodnar

Dec 14, 2010
www.loofmodnar.com
I've got an almost full 64GB SD card and after the friday's XBM update it's working about 100x faster than before, if you haven't checked that out you might want to give it another shot.

I've tried a bunch of third party apps (Listen, OneMusic, MixRadio) and haven't really like any of them.

Damionix

Oct 14, 2013
Visit site
I tried that as well, but they still stutter and crash when trying to handle my library. I guess I will just have to cut it in half.
Thanks for the response guys.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Welcome to the forum, D. I have about 8000 tracks that are pushing the limits of my primary mobile player -a Zune HD 64; but, I still have plenty of space on a Zune 80 that is almost always connected to my sound system. I cull my collection regularly, but I will look for a Zune 120 when and if I ever need it. Never a stutter nor crash with any of my Zune players which I still sync with Zune 4.8, -and, I never need any stinkin' apps.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss