My Xbox Music Now Playing Screen is now fine..thanks to MPAtool

Stan Faustino

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
Xbox Music has been not showing my Album / Artist Lockscreen since it was released. But now Running on my 1020 with Cyan and PD Update 1, its now working. God how i missed the Lockscreen Now Playing. Just download the MPAtool, and redownload your Album Art / Artist. It said it is not compatible with 8.1 but try it it now work fine again with 8.1 PFD Update 1.. Enjoy

wp_ss_20140813_0003.jpgwp_ss_20140813_0002.jpgwp_ss_20140813_0001.png

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
So, MPATool is now able to apply artist artwork?

That's fantastic news! We actually have a way to fill in the gaps for those of us who listen to non-English artists!

Album artwork also works?

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Thread resurrection:

It wasn't directly stated--but in case anyone was wondering, MPATool does apply artist artwork to the lock screen.

Though, noticeably, not to the album artwork in the actual Xbox Music app--that seems to require Xbox Music data. It'd be nice if the creators of MPATool took a crack at it, but that's not their responsibility I guess.

dKp1977

Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Why it is no live tile on Windows phone 8.1 cyan.

Could be two reasons:

1) the region your device is set to isn't supported by XBox Music, which is required to gather the data shown in the background of the app/on the live tile/on the lockscreen

2) the artist you're listening to isn't in the Xbox Music catalog.

Many people confuse this, so let me try and clear it up for you. :) What is shown on the Live tile and/or lockscreen is NOT the album art. It's information gathered from the Xbox Music catalog about the artist currently playing.

Flytetymex

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
It still doesn't work for me. I utilized the mpa tool and it only works when I go into the lock screen settings and turn the artist background setting off and on again. Happens on both my 920 and 1520. Wish there were a simpler way for this to work. Its one of my favorite features, especially to show off, and never works properly

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos