Xbox Music app on WP8.1.1 will not show all songs

caresrg

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I had this issue before, but waited for Cyan to come out for the 920 to go to the trouble of downgrading, upgrading, and manufacturer-resetting all at the same time. Now I am sure it's a bug in the Xbox Music app, but I'm hoping someone here knows how to get around it.

I ripped a double-CD and edited the metadata on all the mp3s to make it one album. They all have the same Artist, Year, and Album. Xbox Music on my Win 8.1.1 PC finds it all just fine. Copy it over to my 8.1.1 Windows phone, though, and Xbox Music only finds a few of the songs! The songs are there--I can see and even play them from the Files app. What gives and how do I fix it?

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Sync using the Windows Phone app found on the Windows Store. The desktop client still throws errors at me (and is quite annoying to deal with), and you realm can't sync using other methods.

caresrg

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
I've tried syncing with the Windows Store app, the desktop app, Windows Media Player, and just copying with File Explorer. Same thing happens. :(

caresrg

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Just as an FYI... Nokia MixRadio does see all the tracks. I'd just like to be able to create playlists with tracks that I have ripped from CDs and tracks I've downloaded with my Xbox Music Pass (I don't stream; service is too spotty around here).

Clinton_O

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I have the same problem recently. I added two different albums from the same artist and one like 3 songs of one album show up in the app and none of the songs for the other album are showing up correctly in the app. when I try to play the album xbox music crashes. Nokia Mixradio shows and plays them both and they are showing up in file view and sync app.

Clinton_O

Feb 22, 2014
Visit site
I figured out how to get it to work by deleting all the weird songs and crap from inside the music app on the phone(It was showing stuff not actually on the phone) and using the file viewer to add the music again (For like the 5th time). Deleting and readding etc from the computer apps didnt help the problem or fix it at all.

I now have a smaller problem with the first song in one of the albums not being able to be deleted from file viewer or added to the phone with the sync app. It shows up in file viewer but not on the phone or in the sync app and is undeletable.

SachinPotdar

Jul 29, 2015
Visit site
open the Music folder from Windows Explorer and goto Properties..... you would see a new tab "Reference" ..in that tab, select all the existing references and, click on red crossmark at the bottom(delete) button to unlink the song from current play.... :) Hope that resolves...

Also, to all my friends up there in thread, I experimented a lot with this and found a simple solution.

Delete IDv3 and IDv2 tag from the MP3 files and then copy it to Music folder.... All the songs would play :cool:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)