Should Microsoft Revive Zune?

Klaine243

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I was using my Laptop today and realized I use the Zune Software more often (If not exclusively) in comparison to the music app provided by Microsoft. Maybe it's nostalgia or maybe it just works better. Granted it does lack a few features as it hasn't been supported in a few years, but I was thinking that instead of living with Xbox Music, a "few" steps back, MS could just build upon an already solid program. Even if they called it Xbox Music, the layout is better, it's smoother, and dare I say it, f*st*r. I'm not very learned on software development, but it seems this would be and would have been easier.

START THE ZUNE MOVEMENT. lol

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
Yes! I still use Zune on my desktop when I listen to music. I would use it on my Surface but, from what I can tell, Zune doesn't recognize music stored on an SD card. :(

ashram

Jan 30, 2013
Visit site
you have to add the sd card in the settings.

Visually, i like the zune software. even if they were to rename it, the base visuals behind the zune software should come back

steve_w_7

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
you have to add the sd card in the settings.

Visually, i like the zune software. even if they were to rename it, the base visuals behind the zune software should come back

I added the card and updated the music storage location in Zune settings to point to my SD card, but it still doesn't recognize the files. If I move a file from my SD card to my desktop, it plays it just fine. Unfortunately, I think it's an intentional limitation.

Aresjr21

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I would prefer the Zune music pass which came with 10 free songs a month instead of nothing now with the Xbox music pass.

anon(9179363)

Nov 11, 2014
Visit site
It is completely unfathomable to me that the one media platform MS executes better than its competitors is the first one they abandon. I don't care how you have to rebrand it but please bring Zune back.

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Yes bring it back even if they just rebrand it as xbox music player but then always thought that idea was a loaf of crap calling it that xbox music, xbox is for games, bing for searching, msn for apps and Zune for music

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
The Zune desktop pc software is still available and a free download. It works with windows XP, 7, 8, and 8.1 OS. It works with the Xbox music video services and MY music stored in the cloud. I recently purchased a movie on my Xbox 360 and it showed up on ZUNE and I watched it. Even though MS has removed some features, it is still light years ahead of other software! The curated playlists and I think celebrity playlists and podcast management are still there. The animated graphic visuals of the bands are still beautiful It's amazing. I just wish it synced with my windows phone 8! It seems that the programmers were so good, that when you take out a few features (like social and syncing with WP8) what is left is still great!

Timothy Moon

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
I still use and subscribe to zune, get the 10 songs, and for I think around $100 per year, frustrating at times, but still well worth it, much better than paying .99 cents a song on itunes, also i own 2 zunes now...i think i may the last of a dying breed...i have to decide whether to re-subscribe on 12/6/14...

UptownWebhead

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
Seriously! Seems like since Microsoft rebranded it to Xbox, they still haven't really found their footing. Zune was and still is amazing. I know they changed it to further the service from the Zune players but even now as Xbox it still confuses people. Some people think you need an Xbox to use Xbox Music/Video. Microsoft should really consider bringing the Zune name back since a lot of newer users barely remember the Zune devices. I think a Uservoice topic should be started if there isn't one already.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android

NBsmoove

Apr 7, 2015
Visit site
Guys, the nearest copy to Zune I found is called the "Zbox" One thing that especially catches my attention is the fact that it's fast AF, and doesn't lag at all (on top of being identical to it).

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Guys, the nearest copy to Zune I found is called the "Zbox" One thing that especially catches my attention is the fact that it's fast AF, and doesn't lag at all (on top of being identical to it).

I think you may have just provided me with my next music player.
I've yet to move away from the old Music Backstop, but this might be the ticket.

Ebuka Allison

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
Seriously! Seems like since Microsoft rebranded it to Xbox, they still haven't really found their footing. Zune was and still is amazing. I know they changed it to further the service from the Zune players but even now as Xbox it still confuses people. Some people think you need an Xbox to use Xbox Music/Video. Microsoft should really consider bringing the Zune name back since a lot of newer users barely remember the Zune devices. I think a Uservoice topic should be started if there isn't one already.

Posted via the Windows Central App for Android
They did. It was shut down

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo