Xbox Video and personally owned Movies and TV shows

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Anyone figure out a way to get Xbox Video to separate your personally owned movies from your TV shows and then break those TV shows up into seasons and episode order? This is nuts that in this say and age I'm.pulling teeth trying to do this, figuring the most Mickey Mouse mp3 player can do this. The people the hired to replace the Zune team are clueless clowns.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
This is completely nuts that we are this far along (or past the Zune hay days) and.we still cant implement our own video (TV and Movie) library without it just showing up as an ugly, unorganized, Hodge Podge of a mess.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Only way to do this is to organise them yourself in explorer, xbox video is very poor for personal files

I have 2 folders, one called Movies, the other called TV Shows and point xbox video at these 2 folders
under the TV Show folder I create a folder with the name of the show, then within that one folder per series/season

does what you are after, but would be better if the app could read metadata and do this itself

dgr_874

Aug 15, 2012
Visit site
Only way to do this is to organise them yourself in explorer, xbox video is very poor for personal files

I have 2 folders, one called Movies, the other called TV Shows and point xbox video at these 2 folders
under the TV Show folder I create a folder with the name of the show, then within that one folder per series/season

does what you are after, but would be better if the app could read metadata and do this itself

This is what I ended up doing after much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the last couple of months. Not pretty but it works.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
This is what I ended up doing after much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the last couple of months. Not pretty but it works.

Closed thing to a fix, buy it makes the app and phone feel like its from 1995. They are either putting no effort into this whole Windows Phone thing because they are either contemplating dumping it all together or the people running the show have no insight or vision.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wopkof