OneNote all data gone

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello all,

I'm writing this in order do get some help because this is serious and I'm not managing to fox it alone.
OneNote working just fine till last night when I opened OneNote desktop version. At the moment I open it showed no files and said 'sync complete'... my face was like WTF!!! I open then in my phone and surface and it was empty as well.
Last I tried open directly from SkyDrive and its the same now, no files.

Does anyone have this problem? Its MS problem? Its all about the desktop version created this problem?

I had there really important data from work and personal life.

Appreciate some help.
I'm sending this to MS support as well in order to obtain some answers.

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I think contacting MS is probably the best course of action here. It seems like a server error to me as you shouldn't just lose data like that with out any input by you. So long as your account hasn't been hacked by someone. I wouldn't blame the phone.

migueli2

Mar 15, 2013
Visit site
Problem answered by Microsoft.
Ended with me finding a bug (critical one).
So if you use free version of OneNote and decided to use OneNote 2013 first change your Notepad name if it's the default name.
The first use of 2013 will rewrite the default Notepad and will erase the existent one.

That's how I lost all my 1year data!

anon(5969054)

May 7, 2013
Visit site
oh my god the same happened to me, i opened onenote and everything was gone!! how did you contact MS? and did you get it back?
I mean this is seriously bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720