Holy ****! Did MS just fix the Xbox music app with this latest update?

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have used the the Xbox app since it was first introduced (well, tryed to use but its never done the job). I like to play music in the background while I work to keep the pace up during long shifts. I use playlists set on random for this. The main one has 1500 songs in it. I have never been able to use Xbox music as my daily music app because it would only cycle between about 40 songs of the 1500 and was not even close to random. With every update I have tried it. Just started using it after this last update and it finally works!!! Shuffle is truly random and its going through the complete playlist! By George I think they've finally done it! Let me know what you think, those of you with the latest update.

Stefan Holder

Apr 30, 2013
Visit site
don't really use the Xbox Music app as i'm always streaming music on Deezer..The Xbox music app was mostly good for me.. sure the endless resuming, no artist info etc was initially a bummer.. but with the rapid update cycle on XBM, its been stable and usable for some time now.. I'm take it for a spin again.

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't use the random play function, but I've found the Xbox music to be increasingly usable for the last few versions. I hope they continue to improve and don't start to coast as they reach parity with their old WP8 music app.

D M C

Jul 7, 2014
Visit site
Xbox Music improved but still far away from decent music player.

Still taking 10plus second to play music.

I doubt it will ever be as fast and fluid as it was in WP8.

Lets hope W10 will change that.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Xbox Music improved but still far away from decent music player.

Still taking 10plus second to play music.

I doubt it will ever be as fast and fluid as it was in WP8.

Lets hope W10 will change that.
Even if it does. It will take a miracle for it to be as intuitive and great a player as Zune was. But one can hope. Its finally usable at least.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
With the post I should have specified for users who use their own personal music library. I have no experience with streaming on it or the old 8.0 version.

jasqid

Jan 14, 2011
Visit site
Been a long time subscriber. Matter of fact I still have a grandfathered plan of 10 song credits... but the only two things I really need to see yet is multi-selection of artists, albums, and song with a delete from collection option and the rating and social integration.ok, that maybe three.

But for the delete from collection... you can do one album at a time but not multiples.

Sent from my Surface with Windows RT using Tapatalk

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Been a long time subscriber. Matter of fact I still have a grandfathered plan of 10 song credits... but the only two things I really need to see yet is multi-selection of artists, albums, and song with a delete from collection option and the rating and social integration.ok, that maybe three.

But for the delete from collection... you can do one album at a time but not multiples.

Have you used the user voice forums. Many create their own threads, but I found after using my votes that there were already threads that fit my requests. I know ms uses them to prioritize features to add.

udayk

Sep 8, 2014
Visit site
Hi...on my L830, Shuffle seems to be working a bit weird. I have about 800 songs and whenever I hit Shuffle, it plays like 5 or 6 songs and stops. That's it!! I do seem to be on the latest version of the app and this is just driving me nuts!

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Hi...on my L830, Shuffle seems to be working a bit weird. I have about 800 songs and whenever I hit Shuffle, it plays like 5 or 6 songs and stops. That's it!! I do seem to be on the latest version of the app and this is just driving me nuts!
Weird. Haven't experienced that. Try a soft reset (hold down volume down and power button for like 15 seconds until phone turns off then vibrates) wont hurt anything and may fix the issue.

colinkiama

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site

Try tapping the left side of each album name

LTTG

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
I seriously don't know why they keep starting over... And can't a leading software company make a proper music app? That's a shame...

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
I seriously don't know why they keep starting over... And can't a leading software company make a proper music app? That's a shame...

That's probably because as major as WP8.1 sounds, it still is a transition version toward goal of a unified Windows 10. The OS and APIs underneath are changing and evolving right now and that maybe the reason that major app corporations aren't spending resources to update their apps. We can just hope it is a complete/finished work with Windows 10 so that developers can make full use of OS power and spend resources on development with peace of mind without having to worry about major upcoming OS updates.

Edit: While we are at it, IE needs to separate from the OS as well so that it can be updated independent of OS updates.

Muessig

Moderator Team Leader
Sep 30, 2012
Visit site
I'm using xbox music fairly regularly these days. I use a synced playlist from Media Player and it seems to be random and I don't get a nasty burst of static when changing songs as much anymore. I'd still like to see gapless playback and performance tweaks as well as seeing the artist on the lock screen but I'll take what I can get at this point.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lolz1234