Xbox music doesn't reflect region change in Xbox.com

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
Hello everyone.
I have been having a little trouble with the Xbox music app. Today in the afternoon I switched my region on Xbox.com to US (so that I could get the lock screen and background images in Xbox music to work), but even after several hours, multiple restarts and synchronizations with my Microsoft account, the app still does not reflect the change in the region, that is, it still doesn't give me the option to browse the Xbox music store.

The old WP8 music hub (which I use via the "Music Hub Tile" app) was very quick to respond to this change in region and now allows me to access the store, but the Xbox Music app doesn't.

If it is helpful, my phone region is set to US, and now the music recognition service in Cortana and Xbox video (which now allows me access to the Xbox video store) work perfectly fine.

Has anybody else also encountered this issue? Have you resolved it?
I would very much appreciate your help.
Thanks.

Justin Sequeira

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
I also have the same problem.
Region in my phone is changed to the US even my Xbox account has been changed to US, but my Music app still shows just MUSIC and now XBOX MUSIC like everyone else.
I have got Cortana and Xbox Video too.

Anyone have the solution for this?
The Music Update didn't do crap.

krox1105

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
The only solution I found so far is a hard reset.

But you can also try an app called Music Hub Tile. It launches the old WP8 music hub which does indeed reflect the change in region without the need of a hard reset.

Justin Sequeira

Jan 31, 2015
Visit site
The only solution I found so far is a hard reset.

But you can also try an app called Music Hub Tile. It launches the old WP8 music hub which does indeed reflect the change in region without the need of a hard reset.

Okay, question....what's a hard reset and how do I do it?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss