How do I actually use Skype?

Bataar

Feb 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a Windows Phone with 8.1 installed and a family member recently got one as well. I've never used Skype, but thought we'd give it a try. When we're on a call, there's a button on the screen for Skype on both of our phones but it is "grayed" out on both phones. I've made sure I'm signed into Skype and the other person is signed into Skype, but the buttons are still grayed out. What am I missing?

morpheus9

Mar 5, 2015
Visit site
Skype for windows phone doesn't have the feature to call groups yet.Can only be done from the PC for the time being.

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
1) Install skype
2) link skype contact to your relevant contact
3) when in the call, tapping on the skype button should automatically direct to a video call.

To send a skype message outside the app, well you can't as clicking on "skype" when linked or the skype contact entry it launches the app.

Kyorin

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I found this difficult to use as well, it's not obvious. When I opened Skype, and tried to add a contact, it said I could add them using name, email address or telephone no. But when trying phone no. or email address (despite the email address being my wife's Microsoft/Hotmail account associated with her Lumia 925), it could not find either the number or email address. Searching for her by name was pointless as there are so many people in the world with the same first name and last name. Obviously after reading here that you can Skype from the contacts profile details, it seems easy enough (though I haven't tested it yet), but it could do with being a bit more intuitive.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)