What are your latest downloads

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
There is already a thread called "What are you listening too" and we get a lot of negativity about Xbox Music, when a good amount of people get a lot of pleasure out of the service and system, so I thought a "What are your last 5 downloads" thread would help some of us share the pleasure we get and maybe inspire others to download interesting music. So here are my last 5 downloads:

Hatful of Hollow, The Smiths

Imagine, John Lennon

Band on the Run, Wings (Although it is listed as by Paul McCartney)

Walls and Bridges, John Lennon & the Plastic Ono band

Blue Moves, Elton John

No cheating it must be your last 5 downloads, cool or not.

Bob

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm.. I'll check out a couple of these. Band on the Run is an example of an album that was not available for a year or two, then came back. Originally downloaded some tracks; then, it was unavailable when I went back for more, although the downloaded tracks continued to sync with my players and get updated.

My last five:
Rodrigo y Gabriela, 9 Dead Alive (have not even heard it yet)
Olivier Antunes Trio, 1'st Sketches (listening right now -part of my 2014 discovery of Danish jazz through XBM)
Texas Tornadoes, Live From Austin, TX (also have not heard it yet)
Rod Stewart, Vagabond Heart (favorite RS album, but own only in cassette form)
Beastie Boys, The In Sound from Way Out (not what you'd expect from the Boys -my only BB anything, but very interesting, fun XBM discovery)

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Been let out in that candy store again.

Last five (Well I am cheating a bit):

40th Anniversary celebration, Strawbs (This is actually two albums)

Beggars Banquet, The Rolling Stones

All the Best, 10 Years after

The Endless River, Pink Floyd (Reportedly the last ever PF album, it's almost all instrumental and very good)

The Best Of, Joy Division

And I don't go back to work till three PM tomorrow afternoon so plenty of time to get plenty more music :smile:

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Last 5 for me are
In The City - The Jam
This is the Modern World - The Jam
Fuse ODG - T.I.N.A. - Saw this advertised on TV and sounded ok
Imagine - John Lennon
Super Critical - The Ting Tings

Benn busy trying Win 10 at the moment so not downloaded any other new stuff in the last week

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
I cannot find Pink Floyd - The Endless River...

Just checked and it is still there, I searched Pink Floyd, then clicked on them as the artist and it was the first album on display with a choice of Deluxe version or just the standard one.

I am in the UK, I don't know if being in a different region could affect what others can see.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Just checked and it is still there, I searched Pink Floyd, then clicked on them as the artist and it was the first album on display with a choice of Deluxe version or just the standard one.

I am in the UK, I don't know if being in a different region could affect what others can see.

Interesting, Bobvfr. Not familiar with the album, but I'm in the US and don't see The Endless River listed either --among the 26 PF albums available.

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Unless you downloaded this five times it don't count, we want your last five downloads :wink:

Lol I rarely download music through Xbox live. Haha so it really is my last download.

But in general
1. Taylor swift 1989
2. Sistar sweet and sour
3. Exo- overdose
4. Beyonc?- Beyonc?
5. Shawn mendes-something big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Last 5 for me are
In The City - The Jam
This is the Modern World - The Jam
Fuse ODG - T.I.N.A. - Saw this advertised on TV and sounded ok
Imagine - John Lennon
Super Critical - The Ting Tings

Benn busy trying Win 10 at the moment so not downloaded any other new stuff in the last week
Are you in GB also, Paul? The Fuse ODG item is, evidently, another example of something not available (yet?) in the US. Only offering of his here is a December 2013 5-remix issue of Million Pound Girl.

Thanks for the Ting Tings introduction; I've started on their fun first album and will enjoy this before moving on.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Been let out in that candy store again.

Last five (Well I am cheating a bit):

40th Anniversary celebration, Strawbs (This is actually two albums)

Beggars Banquet, The Rolling Stones

All the Best, 10 Years after

The Endless River, Pink Floyd (Reportedly the last ever PF album, it's almost all instrumental and very good)

The Best Of, Joy Division

And I don't go back to work till three PM tomorrow afternoon so plenty of time to get plenty more music :smile:

10 years after's All the best is not available -other compilations are; but I have downloaded Live at the Fillmore 1970 -excellent. I have to think whether I want the name J Division in my collection, but I surely like some sounds in The Best of. Thanks.

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
Are you in GB also, Paul? The Fuse ODG item is, evidently, another example of something not available (yet?) in the US. Only offering of his here is a December 2013 5-remix issue of Million Pound Girl.

Thanks for the Ting Tings introduction; I've started on their fun first album and will enjoy this before moving on.

Hi, I am in GB, don't know much about the Fuse ODG, it was just one of those things I saw an advert for on TV so thought I would give it a try, is it available on other services over there (amazon for example), just to see if the US have it on any services, if they do hopefully it will come to MS soon

Ting Tings first album is good, some of the songs get played as background music on TV shows, second album is growing on me

Hopefully going to get some more albums today, see if there are any new albums I want

paulsalter

Oct 24, 2013
Visit site
The new Taylor Swift album will be in my next lot for downloads
Here are my latest additions

Scary Monsters - David Bowie
Avonmore - Bryan Ferry
Only Human - Cheryl (don't hate me for this one)
Playland - Jonny Marr
Different Class - Pulp

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Lol I rarely download music through Xbox live. Haha so it really is my last download.

But in general
1. Taylor swift 1989
2. Sistar sweet and sour
3. Exo- overdose
4. Beyonc?- Beyonc?
5. Shawn mendes-something big

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using my powers of observation I have worked out you are younger than the rest of us :smile:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Always wanted to use the word Eponymous (See below for explanation) so I started with:

Hawkwind by Hawkwind

In Search Of Space, Hawkwind

Atom Heart Mother, Pink Floyd

The Six Wives of Henry VIII, Rick Wakeman (Yes I know but it was a nostalgic download)

Carry on up the Charts, Beautiful South

Back in the late seventies and eighties the British musical press like NME loved to use the word eponymous, it basically means using the same name as the band so if Taylor Swift released an album called "Taylor Swift" it would be described as an eponymous album.

And for you younger folk with a music pass, download the album "Doremi Fasol Latido" by Hawkwind if you have any spirit of adventure, I would recommend large speakers or headphones and darkened room to get the full effect, but don't blame me if you end up in places you didn't expect to be, maybe start with the track "Time we left this world today".

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Still at it and enjoying myself like a spoilt child, mostly oldies this weekend with one exception.

For Your Pleasure, Roxy Music

The Essential collection, The Hollies

Singles 1965 1967, The Rolling Stones

Alive, Tallulah Rendall

London 0 Hull 4 The Housemartins

If any of you haven't come across Tallulah Rendall I would recommend checking her out, she has about three albums on Xbox Music and from what I read they were crowd funded, had a quick couple of listens to "Alive" yesterday and enjoyed it, will have a proper listen when I have more time :smile:

Bobvfr

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Whoops, see what talking about music can do, an hour after posting, another nine albums have slipped into my collection, the first three albums by Pentangle a British blues/folk outfit and I then realised I had some holes in my Kate Bush collection so added Lionheart, The Kick Inside, Never for Ever, The Dreaming, The Sensual World and 52 Words for Snow.

Now off to investigate Richard Thompson :smile:

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Hi, I am in GB, don't know much about the Fuse ODG, it was just one of those things I saw an advert for on TV so thought I would give it a try, is it available on other services over there (amazon for example), just to see if the US have it on any services, if they do hopefully it will come to MS soon

Ting Tings first album is good, some of the songs get played as background music on TV shows, second album is growing on me

Hopefully going to get some more albums today, see if there are any new albums I want
Amazon, also, has only the Fuse ODG Million Pound Girl EP available, in $.99/track MP3 downloads. TINA is listed as temporarily out of stock, but available for ordering at $36.99.

RTGent

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the leads, Bob. I like Tallulah Randall very much -starting with Alive, and a lot of TR imagery. I'm going to look for and purchase some of her productions.

Last five downloads:

Tallulah Rendall, Alive
The Yardbirds, Five Live Yardbirds
Batman video trilogy ("Black Friday" XBM purchase offer, which probably doesn't count, but it was an XBM download; include it as a US tip)
Kat Edmonson, The Big Picture
Grupo Fantasma, Sonidos Gold
Thao & The Get Down Stay Down, We The Common

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss