Streaming Music or SD Card???

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Hi all,
I've been an iTunes guy forever but I love Windows products. I have a 1520 and a Surface 2. I'm trying to get the hang of Xbox music. Are there any advantages of streaming your music versus storing on an SD card? I'm specifically referring to my phone.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
SD card works better especially if you do not have unlimited data. Also what carrier are you using your 1520 on? I pretty much use music on my SD card since I do not have the XBOX Music subscription. And I stream music using Nokia Mix Radio, Spotify, Pandora and occasionally Songza.

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
In terms of quality, none. The only advantage I see in streaming music is that you don't need to have a lot of space available. However, you'll only be able to listen to the songs you stream as long as you pay for the subscription, yet, in normally purchased music, you pay once and listen forever IN ANY DEVICE.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
AT&T. Will music purchased on iTunes and transferred to an SD card play on another device? WP or Surface?
Yes it should as long as its in the MP3 format and I believe Apple was the first one to fight the DRM nonsense so once transferred to the SD card in MP3 format it will play on any device.

campbellc

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys, it does work. I transferred some music that I purchased on iTunes to an SD card and it plays. For some reason I thought it wouldn't. However, the movie I copied over from my iTunes library did not play.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Thanks guys, it does work. I transferred some music that I purchased on iTunes to an SD card and it plays. For some reason I thought it wouldn't. However, the movie I copied over from my iTunes library did not play.
What format did the movie download as?

jomarr

Sep 12, 2012
Visit site
The only con I see in streaming music is I can't track my plays with Last FM. If Windows Phone gets last fm support for Spotify or Xbox Music, I might ditch some of my music in my phone.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre