Those looking for an alternative that organizes your movies and TV shows instead of cropping them all into one giant Hodge podge mess, should look at Media. Problem is they use some weird Latin symbol as the first letter. Big mistake as it makes it nearly impossible to find. The link is:

Media app for Windows in the Windows Store

I have tried Pandora Video Box. Works great but doesn't handle TV shows. Film Closet. Same issue. StormPlay. Very amateurish look is its main issue. Movie Premier. Looks great but struggles to handle your library properly and eventually stops working as a result.

This app is the best working and looking I have found. I am trying to get the word out so the app gets support and just isn't abandoned. Only issues I have is the name making it hard to find and that it doesn't play MKV files.

If your like me and miss the Zune days were your personally movie and TV show library was nicely organized, take a look at this. It is organized, runs smooth on a Surface 2, and looks very pleasing.
    11-12-2014 01:16 PM
    Anyone else try it? Your thoughts?
    11-17-2014 08:22 PM
    I've never tried any of those apps since I have Windows 8.1 Pro, so I use Windows Media Center. I don't own any RT devices.
    Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk
    11-17-2014 08:36 PM
    Looks nice, thanks! MKV is coming automatically for all video apps with Windows 10.
    11-20-2014 07:21 AM
    Plex
    11-20-2014 07:33 AM
    Looks nice, thanks! MKV is coming automatically for all video apps with Windows 10.
    I talked to the dev, and he says an update is coming to cover your music library also.
    11-22-2014 04:29 PM
    Plex
    Plex only works if you have your your media files on a remote served PC and want to stream from it. Its won't help for those of us with limited data and want to rake Movies and TV shows on the go with us.
    11-22-2014 04:31 PM