FREE App for connecting to wifi using QR Code?

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Is there a FREE application for connecting to WiFi using a QR Code in Windows Store.
It would be very handy for sharing WiFi network with guests or friends without disclosing the password.
I found many paid apps. But couldn't find a FREE one.

Duareg

Oct 3, 2014
Visit site
Actually, you could create a qr code of your wifi password with any qr creator on the store and save it to your phone.
It works like a charm.

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Ya! I know how to create a QR code, but couldn't find a free app in Windows store that could use that QR code to automatically connect to Wi-Fi without displaying the password.
Like the "barcode scanner" in play store.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Did you find one that suits your needs thats not free. If so, I'm sure that it couldn't cost much. Make an investment to support the developers that spend their time and money developing these programs. Free doesn't mean it worth anything.

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
I'm not against paid apps. I just wanted to know is there a free one so that every one could use, as there is one in play store. You can't ask a guest or a friend (with a Windows phone) to download a paid app to connect to my Wi-Fi.😋

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
By the time they've downloaded an app, found the QR code and started trying to scan it you could probably have told them the password. Or pressed the WPS button. Or installed/configured/tested a secondary guest SSID with RADIUS etc.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6