Purchased some albums from Xbox music store a while ago, not able to download them anymore.

JaniM

Dec 29, 2014
Visit site
I bought few albums from xbox music store about nine months ago and downloaded them to my previous phone. After I got my phone back from warranty repair I'm not able to download them anymore from store, it just shows the option to buy them again. I've checked my xbox account and it's not showing any purchases there, they only show if I look actual billings. So do I have really to buy them again to be able to download them or what should I do? I am signed in in the app so that's not the problem.

Has anyone had similar problems before?

Desynthesis

May 12, 2014
Visit site
Worry not--this is common enough that you have a few options.

1) Look up the individual songs--the EXACT same releases from the EXACT same albums--in the Xbox Music app (Windows 8, not sure it works on the website) and you should be able to add them to your collection again without re-purchasing them. From there, if you have the songs sync to your "cloud", you can download them to your phone.

2) If that doesn't work, check Xbox Music support chat and explain--they'll usually give you a refund with very few questions asked, and you can repurchase the songs.

It's very easy to remove purchased music from your purchased library, intentionally or otherwise. It doesn't apply to you situation, but if you bought the songs a few years back, Microsoft revamped its DRM policies and those purchases just don't exist anymore. You can get refunds for that too, since it;'s still logged into your purchase history.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon