Antivirus for XP

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
I'd use Avast.

I believe you meant: "...keep my system LESS INSECURE"

Ditch XP at the soonest convenience. It's dangerous. Get Vista, 7, or even Fedora, any of those would be more secure at the moment.

pankaj981

Jul 10, 2012
Visit site
Download the free Windows 10 evaluation and you can use it for a couple of months. XP is currently not supported by Microsoft so it is vulnerable to security threats regardless you having an antivirus. Secondly as some of them have mentioned, Avast is a good solution. Does it's job well with frequent virus definition updates

Fazeel Baig1

Feb 1, 2015
Visit site
Today, i installed Panda Cloud security for my window Xp. With my suggestion Panda is also the best and professional antivirus. Its free version look like professional

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Today, i installed Panda Cloud security for my window Xp. With my suggestion Panda is also the best and professional antivirus. Its free version look like professional

never-say-no-to-panda1.jpg

Also, GET RID OF XP, why do you still keep it?
There are security issues no antivirus is going to help you with!

link68759

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
View attachment 95825

Also, GET RID OF XP, why do you still keep it?
There are security issues no antivirus is going to help you with!

Yeah, haven't there been at least like, 3-5 vulnerabilities that affect XP that have not been and are never going to be patched? I advise not plugging internet into that PC OP, since you seem intent on ignoring the advice about NOT USING XP given here several times...

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
Yesterday, i installed windows xp in my pc but i want to know what is the best antivirus for xp which keep my system secure?

The best antivirus for Windows XP is Windows 8.1! But seriously, there's not a good way to keep XP secure. Use a browser other than Internet Explorer, as IE8 is the most recent you can use on XP. As far as I know, Firefox and Chrome still update on XP. Use a 3rd party antivirus solution, as Microsoft Security Essentials is no longer updated on XP.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The OP asked a valid question. I'm ashamed to read some of the responses such as "get off XP" or similar. We're here to help, not ridicule someone's choice of OS. Maybe the OP has other obligations that prohibit him from purchasing newer equipment, we don't know. Maybe he just likes XP, it doesn't matter. If you can't post something helpful, don't post at all. We can all joke around and keep things light but Job 1 is to help FIRST.

manus31

Aug 16, 2014
Visit site
Surely telling this person to get off xp is helping.If I didn't care about security like this person and I wanted to use XP then I would use MS security essentials.but its pretty bad,but performs good on xp,you would be vulnerable to all sorts though too

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Surely telling this person to get off xp is helping.If I didn't care about security like this person and I wanted to use XP then I would use MS security essentials.but its pretty bad,but performs good on xp,you would be vulnerable to all sorts though too

Where did the OP state that he doesn't care about security? That's your assumption. It's not up to us to decide what a person should or should not get. The question was what anti-virus would be the best for XP. The answers will be limited to that unless the OP chimes in with another request.

BTW, MS Security Essentials is not available for XP because it's no longer supported. Just thought you should know.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Where did the OP state that he doesn't care about security? That's your assumption. It's not up to us to decide what a person should or should not get. The question was what anti-virus would be the best for XP. The answers will be limited to that unless the OP chimes in with another request.

BTW, MS Security Essentials is not available for XP because it's no longer supported. Just thought you should know.

The question as to what A/V is best, its safe to imply from that OP is interested in security to some degree.
Sure, there are potentially valid reasons to sit on XP, but its not unreasonable to think OP isn't aware of the end of support or whatnot.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
The question as to what A/V is best, its safe to imply from that OP is interested in security to some degree.
Sure, there are potentially valid reasons to sit on XP, but its not unreasonable to think OP isn't aware of the end of support or whatnot.

That would be a follow-up question not a blanket assumption. I don't know that the OP is hellbent on staying with XP or just doesn't know the inherent risks of staying with an unsupported OS. That's the problem I see. Instead of asking for more information to assist properly, some folks took it upon themselves to give unsolicited opinions. We're better than that.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
That would be a follow-up question not a blanket assumption. I don't know that the OP is hellbent on staying with XP or just doesn't know the inherent risks of staying with an unsupported OS. That's the problem I see. Instead of asking for more information to assist properly, some folks took it upon themselves to give unsolicited opinions. We're better than that.

It's a blanket assumption that has very little in the way of cost.
We're here to help people, like the people who ask for an A/V for their phone.
I'm willing to err on the side of making risks clear, where the best course of action for most people is to upgrade. If they know exactly whats going on and just want opinions, that's fine, they can ignore the rest.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss