Office for windows tablet is it free ?

API_Rock

Aug 2, 2013
Visit site
I have seen office is available on ipad, android tablets for free, but when i see a windows tablet the description says 1 year office 365 free.

So does it mean after one year if I want to view or edit any office file I will have to purchase MS office ?

If that the case i would go for android tablet

hotphil

Nov 14, 2008
Visit site
Go Android then.
I think it's around $5/month/user for Office 365 (presumably after the trial has expired).
I'm not sure if the free apps for other platforms include access to the services.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Office for tablets is likely to be the touch variant and is likely to be free, just as it is for phones.

The beefier version of MS office for beefier laptops/computers is the one that folks will have to pay for (or more properly subscribe to).

Talderon

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Windows 8 RT Tablets get Office for free. Windows 7 and earlier as well as Windows 8 Standard/Pro (which are full desktop OS's) have to pay for Office since it needs the full Office application.

The new Touch version (which I think are in beta now and coming to Windows 10), not sure if those will be free or subscription.

Pete

Retired Moderator
Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
A year's subscription for Office 365 is bundled with the new 640 handsets, so it seems likely that the same might be the case for Windows 10 devices too. It's certainly a good hook for people to invest in more than one Windows 10 device.

Maxwell Zwe

Jul 2, 2014
Visit site
I brought a Toshiba Encore (a Windows 8.1 tablet) more than a year ago, and it came with Office 2013 (I think it's Home and Student; got Excel, Word, PowerPoint and OneNote). Also, it's not subscription-based.

But the small problem is, you cannot transfer it to another device as far as I concerned; once you registered the product key to that computer, it's there forever... Unless you do a telephone activation?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)