Missed out on concert tickets because of IE. :(

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Logged on to Ticketmaster UK to buy Joe Satriani tickets and got some great seats. Clicked through to the check out page and hit the check out button and nothing happened! Hit refresh and tried again and still nothing! Check pop up blocker is off; it is. Close browser and try again from scratch. First allocation had gone but still offered pretty decent seats. Go through all the pages again and check out button still not working. :(
Third time through I see an information window pop up at the bottom but it disappears before I have time to read more than something about, "cross page", or, "cross site", something or other and, "disabled". Check out button unresponsive again!
Give up and download Chrome which works perfectly but end up with not so great seats. FML and FIE. :(

Lumiana

Banned
Jan 28, 2015
Visit site
Is this on the phone or the pc/laptop by the way you had trouble with. Sorry for the loss of good seats. If it helps you feel better I was meant to be in the Marilyn Manson video (this is the new ****) I was right in front when some ***** goth wearing a 18th century top hat cut right in front of me. You see him in the video and I was right behind him. Lol

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
It was on the desktop version of IE11 although I tried with the metro version too.
Sucks about your experience in the video. :( I think I'd have politely asked him to remove his hat and then knocked it off his head if he'd refused. Selfish people everywhere.

missionsparta

Jan 19, 2012
Visit site
Logged on to Ticketmaster UK to buy Joe Satriani tickets and got some great seats. Clicked through to the check out page and hit the check out button and nothing happened! Hit refresh and tried again and still nothing! Check pop up blocker is off; it is. Close browser and try again from scratch. First allocation had gone but still offered pretty decent seats. Go through all the pages again and check out button still not working. :(
Third time through I see an information window pop up at the bottom but it disappears before I have time to read more than something about, "cross page", or, "cross site", something or other and, "disabled". Check out button unresponsive again!
Give up and download Chrome which works perfectly but end up with not so great seats. FML and FIE. :(
II'velost out on seats due to Chrome...so potato; patato.

Aaron Yawn

May 2, 2013
Visit site
This is not the browser as much as it is a function of the script within the webpage. I often come across sites including my online University that requires me to switch from IE to Chrome for the links and scripts to function properly. What's really irritating about it, is that it is intermittent and I believe many times associates with Java not working properly.

gMaesterUK

Jun 29, 2014
Visit site
That's a primary reason why MS wanted a new browser. Too many web developers are using special coding just for IE that breaks the newer version...

G.

Andrew Gordon

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
This is not the browser as much as it is a function of the script within the webpage. I often come across sites including my online University that requires me to switch from IE to Chrome for the links and scripts to function properly. What's really irritating about it, is that it is intermittent and I believe many times associates with Java not working properly.

I think it was some script on the page that IE didn't like as when I tried to reproduce it, without actually buying, I was able to read a little more of the pop up warning and it said something about, "cross-site scripting being disabled.", just wish I'd known about it before.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rorymi6