List of apps that have not been updated in over a year

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Fortunately IMDB still works without a hitch, unlike some other apps...

Well, not for me. Its far from working. It oftens shows different rating than website. And also the movies in local cinema functions etc. are not working in my country. The app is poor.

Isn't that what we say about all developers who ignore WP? :eck:

If a company decides to NOT develop on WP and issue a nice polite statement (often its low marketshare) its okay and I get it. But if they are arrogant about it like Snapchat developers who are mocking this platform. They are just teenage douches. And IMDB was just pure ignorants. Its okay to say NO but ignore a thousands of messages and not issue any single statement? Thats not okay in my book.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
If a company decides to NOT develop on WP and issue a nice polite statement (often its low marketshare) its okay and I get it. But if they are arrogant about it like Snapchat developers who are mocking this platform. They are just teenage douches. And IMDB was just pure ignorants. Its okay to say NO but ignore a thousands of messages and not issue any single statement? Thats not okay in my book.

Yup makes sense. This is actually part of the reason why I've put WP on the back burner for now. I still use one but it's not my primary device. I get tired of having half baked apps and having to clamor for attention. I don't like to always feel the need to spam developers' customer service contacts and their Twitter and Facebook to beg and plead for recognition. And there's no way I'd switch banks because of it. My bank is more important to me than my choice of phone platform.

To me, the disadvantages of WP outweigh the advantages. But I certainly respect those of you who feel the opposite. When there's parity I'll more than likely be back!

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I honestly am concerned about the effect Win10 will have on the app situation. It's being touted as the 2nd coming of Christ, but what motivation is there for these developers to switch from their existing Win32 apps to the new WinRT (modern apps)? On top of that, what's the incentive for them to go 1 step further to make their app "universal" to run on phones if the market share isn't work their time?

The only way I see this happening is if Microsoft makes it SOOOO easy to make an app universal (I'm talking about a fraction of a developers time). If it involves any more time or testing, etc. I doubt it will happen...but I could be pessimistic.

Blade800

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
Yup makes sense. This is actually part of the reason why I've put WP on the back burner for now. I still use one but it's not my primary device. I get tired of having half baked apps and having to clamor for attention. I don't like to always feel the need to spam developers' customer service contacts and their Twitter and Facebook to beg and plead for recognition. And there's no way I'd switch banks because of it. My bank is more important to me than my choice of phone platform.

To me, the disadvantages of WP outweigh the advantages. But I certainly respect those of you who feel the opposite. When there's parity I'll more than likely be back!

I think the app gap will be much better after W10 releases because once a developer decides to develop app on WP platform, he will no longer do it for 4% marketshare of phones, he will do it for PCs/notebooks/tablets/XBOX consoles and other stuff.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
I think the app gap will be much better after W10 releases

That's what I'm waiting on. We'll see...

But in the meantime, I enjoy using iOS and Android. I'm platform agnostic, so I take them for what they're worth. I have no emotional ties to any ecosystem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb