Facebook messenger

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
​I don't know if this a bug or an feature missing on the app but always that i'm in a conversation with someone and I receive a msg I have to go back and enter the conversation again to synchronise the last sms received. Do you guys have the same problem?

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
​I don't know if this a bug or an feature missing on the app but always that i'm in a conversation with someone and I receive a msg I have to go back and enter the conversation again to synchronise the last sms received. Do you guys have the same problem?

Were you referring to Facebook Messenger or the Messaging App (for SMS) of Windows Phones?

If for Facebook Messenger, yes but not always. Sometimes, messages only load when I'm in the app even if I have received a push notification before hand. I also have to manually press the refresh button in order to receive the messages.

If for the SMS Messaging app, there should be no need for manual synchronization.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Were you referring to Facebook Messenger or the Messaging App (for SMS) of Windows Phones?

If for Facebook Messenger, yes but not always. Sometimes, messages only load when I'm in the app even if I have received a push notification before hand. I also have to manually press the refresh button in order to receive the messages.

If for the SMS Messaging app, there should be no need for manual synchronization.

​Facebook messenger like i said in the title. So this is a bug of the app? it's very annoying that you receive the notification of and new msg and you have to refresh or exit the ap to see the new msg.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
​Facebook messenger like i said in the title. So this is a bug ?

Alright (but you mentioned "SMS" in your main post"). At any rate, it seems to be a bug but mainly due to the internet connection rather than the app itself, since this also happens for other messaging apps as well (Viber, WhatsApp, Line, WeChat). This "bug" doesn't occur when my internet connection is stable.

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
Alright (but you mentioned "SMS" in your main post"). At any rate, it seems to be a bug but mainly due to the internet connection rather than the app itself, since this also happens for other messaging apps as well (Viber, WhatsApp, Line, WeChat). This "bug" doesn't occur when my internet connection is stable.

Sorry I mean msg instead of sms..this happens to me even when i'm at home with wifi and got a good net speeds and connection.

gpobernardo

Jan 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry I mean msg instead of sms..this happens to me even when i'm at home with wifi and got a good net speeds and connection.

No problem.

One more thing: whenever my apps stop receiving push notifications (as in I have to go to the app and press refresh to receive the message), restarting my phone (L535 now) resolved the issue. Try restarting your phone and observe the behaviour of your FB Messenger app.

You could also try a soft reset (press volume down and power button together until your phone restarts). Let us know what works for you. :cool:

JP8296

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
No problem.

One more thing: whenever my apps stop receiving push notifications (as in I have to go to the app and press refresh to receive the message), restarting my phone (L535 now) resolved the issue. Try restarting your phone and observe the behaviour of your FB Messenger app.

You could also try a soft reset (press volume down and power button together until your phone restarts). Let us know what works for you. :cool:
Actually I already try that, did not resolved the issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos